Are you planning to visit Holland to see the blooming tulip fields in spring? If the answer is yes, you should really follow our free Flower Forecast.
Flowering on the flower fields
With our Flower Forecast we keep you updated about the growing of the flower fields in Holland. We are located in the middle of the Bollenstreek (flower area), close to the Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam. We see the flower fields every day so we will inform you with our forecast for the blooming of the fields in the 2023 tulip season.
Every year we start at the beginning of March with our weekly Flower Forecast to tell you the status of the flowering of the flower fields in Holland.
Each Flower Forecast contains a current state of flowering of the flower fields and the expectation for the coming week. We will give you an update about the weather forecasts and we also pay attention to the best flower events that take place in the coming week.
Read more: When do the tulips in Amsterdam bloom »
Flowering in Keukenhof Gardens
In our weekly Flower Forecast we also give you an update on the flowering of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens. The spring flowers in Keukenhof Gardens are planted in such a way that they bloom throughout the season. The flower park is different every day. In our Flower forecast you can read what you can expect in Keukenhof in the coming week. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Stay informed by subscribing to our free newsletter. We will send a monthly newsletter with information about the best events in Holland and updates on the spring season 2023. From the beginning of March till 14 May we will send the weekly Flower Forecast in our newsletter. Subscribe here ». We also have a Facebook and Instagram account where we share photos, videos and much more about the flowers in Holland.
2023 Flower Forecasts
The Tulip season starts again on 23 March 2023. From February 2023 onwards, we will provide regular updates on the tulip bloom in the Netherlands. In 2023, we will have a flower forecast page where we will post the weekly update. Also follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date.
2022 Flower Forecasts
The 2022 tulip season represents a new beginning more than ever. After more than 2 years with strange COVID19 measures, we are going to make it a great edition in 2022. Fortunately, more and more (international) travel restrictions are being lifted and the Dutch tulips can again be admired by people from all over the world. Below are the Flower Forecasts for the 2022 tulip season.
- 10 May 2022 – the final days of Tulip Festival 2022
- 5 May 2022 – Last 10 days of Tulip Festival 2022
- 28 April 2022 – Second week of full bloom
- 21 April 2022 – Tulips in full bloom
- 14 April 2022 – Enjoy Easter between the tulips
- 7 April 2022 – It’s time for the tulips in Holland
- 1 April 2022 – Snow in Holland
- 31 March 2022- It’s almost April
- 24 March 2022 – Tulip Festival 2022 has started
- 17 March 2022 – adding more colors
- 10 March 2022 – Holland turns yellow
- 3 March 2022 – 3 weeks to go
- 11 February 2022 – spring is coming
2021 Flower Forecasts
The tulip season in 2021 was again one with many restrictions due to the corona pandemic. Unfortunately, many international visitors could not come to Holland. Besides these restrictions, it was a very cold spring in Holland. Because of this, the tulips bloomed about 2 to 3 weeks later.
- 6 May 2021 – Tulips fields are still flowering in Holland
- 28 April 2021 – Most tulips are in bloom
- 22 April 2021 – The Tulips grow slowly
- 15 April 2021 – Tulip fields start blooming in Holland
- 8 April 2021 – Keukenhof testing days
- 1 April 2021 – Daffodils and hyacinths in bloom
- 25 March 2021 – First digital tour video’s
- 18 March 2021 – The tulips are delayed
- 4 March 2021 – spring is coming
2020 Flower Forecasts & digital tours
Unfortunately, due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, the tulip season 2020 has turned out differently than hoped for. All activities had be canceled. Still, the spring flowers just bloom and that’s why in 2020 we focused on making weekly digital tours. This way the flowers could be enjoyed from home.
- 10 May 2020 – Digital tours 1 May – 10 may
- 30 April 2020 – Digital tours 24 April – 30 April
- 23 April 2020 – Digital tours 17 April – 23 April
- 16 April 2020 – Digital tours 10 April – 16 April
- 9 April 2020 – Digital tours 3 April – 9 April
- 2 April 2020 – Digital tours 27 March – 2 April
- 26 March 2020 – Digital tours along the tulips
- 19 March 2020 – Stay Safe, Stay Positive
- 12 March 2020 – Spring is here
- 5 March 2020 – The first blooming flower fields
- 5 February 2020 – The first signs of spring 2020
2019 Flower Forecasts
The first flower report for the 2019 tulip season was published on 11 January 2019. See all our Flower Forecast for 2019 below:
- 16 May 2019 – Last days of tulip season 2019
- 9 May 2019 – Final 10 days of tulip season 2019
- 2 May 2019 – Tulips at Keukenhof are blooming and flower fields are gone
- 25 April 2019 – Tulips are still blooming on the fields
- 18 April 2019 – Tulip Peak blooming is coming
- 11 April 2019 – Getting ready for the Flower Parade
- 1 April 2019 – Enjoy the flowers
- 28 March 2019 – Summer time
- 21 March 2019 – Keukenhof Gardens in Holland is open
- 14 March 2019 – one week before opening of Keukenhof Gardens
- 7 March 2019 – two weeks before opening of Keukenhof Gardens
- 1 March 2019 – Let spring begin!
- 11 February 2019 – Spring is coming
- 11 January 2019 – First Flower Forecast of 2019
2018 Flower Forecasts
The first flower report for the 2018 tulip season was published on 1 March 2018. See all our Flower Forecast for 2018 below:
- 3 May 2018 – Keukenhof
- 26 April 2018 – Full bloom
- 19 April 2018 – Tuliptime
- 12 April 2018 – Let Spring begin!
- 5 April 2018 – More and more colors
- 29 March 2018 – Easter Weekend
- 22 March 2018 – Keukenhof is open
- 15 March 2018 – first colors
- 8 March 2018 – Ice flowers
- 1 March 2018 – Spring is coming, a little later…
Check out the Flower Map
We also participate in the Flower Map. This handy Google maps tool shows you exactly where the blooming flower fields can be found. The Flower Map will also be updated every week from 2 March 2023. We will include the Flower Map with our Flower Forecast in 2023.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket