This is the second Flower Forecast for 2020 and the first of our weekly reports! Until now it has been a mild winter in Holland and the first flower fields are blooming.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Due to the warm winter, the flowering of the spring flowers is ahead of the average bloom. The first daffodil and crocus fields are already blooming. The expectation is that from the start of all flower activities on 21 March, many spring flowers can already be admired including the first colorful tulips.
Weather forecast Holland
The weather for the next 14 days also promises to be mild for this time of the year. If this weather continues we expect an early flowering. This means that many blooming flowers can already be admired from the start of the season on Saturday 21 March. It is important that it won’t get colder in the end of March.
Flower Forecast 2020*
Because of warm weather the flower fields are about 2 weeks earlier than average growth. Flowering seems to proceed like in 2019. This means there are already many blooming flowers to be admired during the opening of tulip season on 21 March.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and end of March
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the beginning of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from Mid March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the end of March. Peak blooming will be around Mid-April till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Sightseeing the flower fields in 2020
Enjoy the flowers without the crowds with a sightseeing tour along the flower fields.
Every year there are new ways to explore the flower fields. In 2020 there is a new tulip tour on electric scooters, there is a new guided tulip bike tour and the bike and hike tulip route has been completely renewed.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (10 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips can be admired much longer in Keukenhof than on the flower fields around the park.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2024
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2024, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
|Keukenhof 2024 tickets
|Day ticket parking
+ shuttle bus from and to Amsterdam
|from € 42.50
|Tulip Festival Card
+ 1, 2 or 3 days travel in Amsterdam & region
|from € 55.00
|Keukenhof bike rental
Unfortunately we also have coronavirus in the Netherlands. Follow our corona update for the latest news.
Flower Map 2020
From 5 March till 10 May 2020 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Below the update Flower Map.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card