Tulip Festival traditionally is the start of spring in Holland. Millions of spring flowers, like tulips, show their brilliant colors to visitors from all over the world. Tulip Festival 2023 will be from Thursday 23 March till Sunday 14 May.
The Tulip Festival will start again on 23 March 2023. Visiting Amsterdam before then? Then check out our tips below.
- See our list of flower attractions that are still open, including the decennial world fair Floriade Expo 2022.
- Check out the Dahlia Festival from 13 august till 16 October 2022 with lots of summer flower gardens.
- Book your summer flower tour from Amsterdam from 13 August till 16 October 2022
- Do you want tulips in your garden in spring 2023? Order the fresh harvest of Dutch tulip bulbs here.
- Visiting Amsterdam? Check out the I Amsterdam Card with lots of free museums, attractions and public transport. Or check out Amsterdam Ticket & Tours
During Tulip Festival there are many flower events in Holland. Flower gardens like Keukenhof, the Dutch Flower Parade and various tours for sightseeing the amazing tulip fields. Many of the activities are close to Amsterdam and ideal to combine with a visit to one of the most beautiful cities in The Netherlands and Europe.
Top 5 must do things during Tulip Festival
The flower season starts at the end of March and will last until mid May. There are a lot of things to do during the Tulip Festival season. We have collected the top 5 must do things during Tulip Festival in Holland.
Visit the amazing Keukenhof Gardens
Keukenhof Gardens is the most populair flower attraction in Holland during spring. The gardens are the perfect location to enjoy the flowers in Holland. By planting the flower bulbs in layers, the flowers in Keukenhof flower earlier and longer. Every year the colorful garden gets more than one million visitors in just a few weeks of opening. In 2023 the gardens are open from 23 March till 14 May.
Read more: Keukenhof Gardens »
Sightseeing the blooming tulip fields
The flower fields are the highlight of spring in Holland. Seeing the millions of blooming flowers that create the colorful lines is just amazing. Especially the tulip fields are very popular but also the crocus, daffodils and hyacinth fields are a must see (and smell). To see the blooming flower fields you will need to plan your trip. The blooming is very depending on the weather conditions in late winter and early spring. The best flower fields can be found in the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower region). This region is close to Amsterdam and other Dutch cities such as Haarlem, Leiden, The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam.
Read more: Sightseeing the flower fields »
Stay informed of the growth of flower fields near Amsterdam, the best flower events in Holland and travel tips for Amsterdam in Holland. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and sign up for our free newsletter.
Visit a real tulip farm or a tulip show garden
Tulip Farm De Tulperij
If you pass the flower fields you would almost forget that this fields are owned by growers who run their business. Most flower fields are there to grow flower bulbs. So it’s not about the flowers. In early May, the flowers are often headed to ensure that the flower bulbs get the best quality.
During tulip season you can visit a tulip farm near Amsterdam to experience the tulip growing and admire the flower fields at the farm. They also have a beautiful show garden where you can enjoy many tulips, daffodils and hyacinths.
Read more: Visit tulip farm near Amsterdam »
Tulip Experience Amsterdam
The Tulip Experience Amsterdam tells the story of the tulip in the museum section, lets you enjoy 1 million tulips in the show garden, pick a bunch of tulips in the indoor tulip-picking garden and enjoy your tulip art at the art market.
The Tulip Barn
The Tulip Barn has 400,000 tulips in a unique tulip seflie garden. The Tulip Barn is set up as the place to take the most beautiful pictures among the tulips.
See the Flower Parade and other flower events
Every spring there are several traditional events in Holland around the flowers. The most famous is the Flower Parade Bollenstreek. Every year the parade is the highlight of spring. In 2023 the parade will be held on Saturday 22th of April. During the Tulip Festival there are also many other flower events to experience. View them in our event list.
Read more: Flower Parade Holland »
Experience the flowers attractions all year long
Would you like to experience the flowers from Holland? Visit one of the flower museums and attractions near Amsterdam. Best of all: these locations are open all year long. So you can experience the tulips even if you are not in Amsterdam during spring.
Read more: Experience the flowers all year long »
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket