If you are in Amsterdam you have to visit the only floating flower market in the world. The market exits since 1862. The flower stalls stand on the houseboats and evoke the old days when the market was daily supplied by boats. The market is open all year and is a very colorful place to visit. You will find all sorts of flower bulbs like tulips. But you can also buy bouquets or single flowers. The bulbs at this market are ready for export so you can take them with you to enjoy them at home. In December the flower market will also sell Christmas tree’s.
Amsterdam Flower Market
The Amsterdam floating flower market is located in the city centre. The flower stalls are located on boats moored on the canals. The flower stalls sell flowers and flower bulbs. If you are looking for a great souvenirs you have also come to the right place. Every shop at the market has products like clogs, wooden tulips and cheese.
Opening hours Amsterdam Flower Market
The Amsterdam Flower Market is open all year round. Including public holidays. Below are the opening hours for each day:
- Monday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Tuesday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Wednesday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Thursday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Friday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Saturday 09:00 – 17:30
- Sunday: 11:30 – 17:30
Buying tulip bulbs on the Flower Market
If you want to buy tulip bulbs at the Flower Market, watch out! Tulip bulbs are not on sale all year round. The fresh tulip bulbs are on sale from the end of August until December. Most tulip bulbs for sale outside this period are one or more years old and will not produce top-quality tulips. However, it is possible to buy fresh Dutch tulip bulbs online. (shipping to Europe, UK and USA).
Address Floating Flower Market
The market is located on the Singel canal between the Koningsplein and the Muntplein. You can travel by tram 2 and 12 to stop Koningsplein.
For accommodation nearby the market check the list of hotels close to Amsterdam flower market.
- Singel 630 to 600
- 1017 AZ Amsterdam
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket