If you are in Amsterdam you have to visit the only floating flower market in the world. The market exits since 1862. The flower stalls stand on the houseboats and evoke the old days when the market was daily supplied by boats.
The market is open all year and is a very colorful place to visit. You will find all sorts of flower bulbs like tulips. But you can also buy bouquets or single flowers. The bulbs at this market are ready for export so you can take them with you to enjoy them at home. In December the flower market will also sell Christmas tree’s.
! Please note that you can NOT buy tulip bulbs in spring !
If you are looking for a great souvenirs you have also come to the right place. Every shop at the market has products like clogs, wooden tulips and cheese.
Floating Flower Market – Opening hours
The market is opened every day of the year.
- Monday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Tuesday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Wednesday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Thursday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Friday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Saturday 09:00 – 17:30
- Sundag: 11:30 – 17:30
Address Floating Flower Market
The market is located on the Singel canal between the Koningsplein and the Muntplein. For accommodation nearby the market check the list of hotels close to Amsterdam flower market.
- Singel 630 to 600
- 1017 AZ Amsterdam
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar