Every spring, there are days when ticket for Keukenhof Gardens are sold out. This could be that your desired time slot is sold out or that the whole day is sold out. Find out how you can still visit Keukenhof Gardens and/or the tulip fields if Keukenhof tickets are sold out on the day and time you want to visit the tulip park.
- How often does Keukenhof Gardens sell out?
- Can you still visit Keukenhof Gardens if it is sold out?
- What can I do if all Keukenhof tickets are sold out?
- Can you visit the tulip fields without Keukenhof Gardens?
- Can you visit the flower parade without Keukenhof Gardens?
- Can I visit any of the other tulip attractions if Keukenhof Gardens is sold out?
How often does Keukenhof Gardens sell out?
Since Keukenhof Gardens works with day tickets with an arrival time, it regularly happens that the flower park is sold out well in advance. Especially during the Easter weekend, the flower parade and during peak flowering, tickets are harder to get.
Can you still visit Keukenhof Gardens if it is sold out?
Yes, if Keukenhof Gardens tickets are sold out it is often still possible to get tickets to the flower park. This is because there are different types of tickets on sale. The first tip when a park day is sold out is to see if there is still availability with any of the other ticket types. Below are the three ticket types available for Keukenhof Gardens. If a ticket type is sold out please check the other ticket types for availability.
Regular Keukenhof tickets are for people travelling to Keukenhof by their own transport (car, bike, taxi). These tickets usually sell out first. Below is the current availability of these Keukenhof tickets. Are the tickets available? Then you can easily book them.
The third option is only available from Amsterdam and is the Keukenhof shuttle coach. With this coach shuttle, you will travel from This is Holland (behind Amsterdam central station) with a fixed departure time. You then get to stay in Keukenhof and the tulip fields for as long as you want. In fact, you can decide at what time you take the shuttle touring coach back to Amsterdam.
Special Keukenhof public transport buses run at high frequency between various train stations (Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam Airport, Leiden and Haarlem) and Keukenhof. With a combi ticket, you will travel back and forth with this bus and have access to Keukenhof. You choose a time slot for the bus and do not have to choose a time slot for entry at Keukenhof Gardens. Below is the availability of the combi tickets.
What can I do if all Keukenhof tickets are sold out?
If all three ticket types are sold out, another option is to check regularly for new availability. After all, someone may cancel their tickets. These tickets will then still become available. This is also immediately visible in the availability calendars above.
Can you visit the tulip fields without Keukenhof Gardens?
Yes, if Keukenhof Gardens is completely sold out anyway you can still go to the tulip fields. Just keep in mind that on sold-out days, it is very busy in and around Keukenhof Gardens.
Travelling by car?
If you come by car, we recommend renting a bike at bike rental Noordwijkerhout. This location is slightly quieter and often still has rental bikes available when other locations are sold out. From this location, you can quickly cycle to the tulip fields.
Are you travelling by public transport?
You can always catch one of the Keukenhof public transport buses. On busy days, though, the buses can be very crowded. If you can no longer buy a combi ticket, you can always buy an Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket. This travel ticket allows you to travel for 1, 2 or 3 days with all public transport in Amsterdam and the region. Including the Keukenhof buses from RAI Amsterdam, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Haarlem. You can buy this travel card here.
Keep in mind that to visit the tulip fields, it is best to travel by (rental) bike. Bikes can be rented at the main entrance of Keukenhof (even without a Keukenhof ticket). On busy days, these rental bikes do sell out quickly online. On location, you can also rent a bike without a reservation. We do recommend picking up your rental bike early.
Can you visit the flower parade without Keukenhof Gardens?
Yes, on the day of the flower parade, in 2023 on Saturday 22 April, Keukenhof is often sold out. Still, you can just watch the flower parade. That’s because the flower parade passes by on the public road near Keukenhof on Saturday afternoon around 15.45.
Can I visit any of the other tulip attractions if Keukenhof Gardens is sold out?
Yes, if Keukenhof Gardens is sold out, you can definitely try to visit one of the tulip show gardens. These other tulip show gardens tend to be smaller in scale and slightly less crowded.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket