Do you want to visit the Amsterdam Tulip Season in Holland? Then this article could help you plan your perfect trip to the capital of Holland, Amsterdam and see the Dutch tulips fields in bloom.
Tulip Festival starts on Saturday 20 March 2021 till Sunday 9 May 2021. Get free updates about Tulip Festival. Subscribe here»
Tulips in spring 2021
Every year millions of tulips are blooming in and around Amsterdam. The tulip season in Holland marks the beginning of spring. The colorful flowers and the rising temperatures make many people from all over the world happy.
When is Tulip Season in Holland?
When you are in Holland you will see tulips in the flower shops from December till around May. This tulips are not growing on flower fields but in greenhouses. You will not see any tulip fields in December, January and February. A blooming tulip field in March is also very rare but possible. Most people want to see the outdoor tulip fields. The best month to see tulips in Holland is April. The best chance of having the most beautiful tulip fields is from mid-April to early May 2021.
Read more: When will the tulips bloom near Amsterdam »
Tulip fields in Holland
The famous tulip fields in Holland are blooming in spring but when you want to see the bright colors of the tulip fields you will have to plan your trip. Difficulty here is that the weather is an important factor in determining when the tulip fields bloom. Every year we publish our free Flower Forecasts. With our forecasts we keep you updated about the weather and growing of the tulips in Holland.
How long will a tulip field bloom?
Tulips growing on the tulip fields are mostly grown for the flower bulb and not for the flower itself. Most tulip fields are therefore headed after 2 or 3 weeks of flowering so that more energy can go to the flower bulb instead of the flower. In Keukenhof Gardens the tulips will not be headed and because of that the tulips will bloom even longer.
Events during Tulip season in Holland
During Tulip Season you can enjoy a lot of events in and around Amsterdam. Check out our must do top 5 events during Tulip Festival in Holland.
Is the tulip originally from Holland?
The history of the tulip is fascinating and contains surprising information. Watch the video below and discover where the tulips originally came from and how tulips eventually became the symbol of Holland.
Watch the history of the Tulip in this short animation made by the Amsterdam Tulip Museum.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card