The world famous tulip fields in Holland are showing there spectaculair colors during Tulip Festival. Every spring people from all over the world enjoy the beautiful landscape just outside the city centre of Amsterdam. Are you ready for that unique spring feeling?
Where can you find the tulip fields near Amsterdam?
One of the most asked questions is where the Dutch tulip fields are located. In Holland you can find various locations where you can see tulips during spring. The most famous area with the best fields is located around Keukenhof Tulip Gardens just 40 kilometer (25 miles) from the city centre of Amsterdam. The area is called ‘Bollenstreek’ (dutch for flower bulb region).
The Bollenstreek is located behind the North Sea dunes, between the cities of Amsterdam, Leiden, Haarlem and The Hague. There are countless flower fields full of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths. The Bollenstreek is also famous for the real dutch countryside landscape views. Which are beautiful in combination with the colored fields.
When will the flower fields bloom in Amsterdam?
The blooming of the tulip fields is very depending on the weather conditions during the first months of the year. With ‘normal’ weather conditions the first flower fields will start blooming from Mid-March. Tulip season in Holland is normally focused from Mid-April till the beginning of May but blooming can be one or two weeks earlier of later depending on mother nature. There is a free flower map service during tulip season where you can see where the best fields are located.
How to travel to the tulip fields in Holland?
If you want to visit the tulip fields near Amsterdam, it is useful to plan your trip in advance. The best fields are located near Keukenhof Tulip Garden and it is smart to combine your visit to flower area with a visit to Keukenhof. There are many ways to travel to Keukenhof Tulip Gardens from Amsterdam and other area’s in Holland. From Keukenhof you can check the sightseeing options for the tulip fields.
- Read more: Directions to Keukenhof Tulip Gardens »
5 tips for sightseeing the tulip fields in Holland.
Explore the flower fields with a sightseeing tour around Keukenhof. There are many ways to explore the great colors of Holland. Experience the flower fields with a bike, electric scooter, car or go for a spectaculair helicopter flight. You will find the best tours in our top 5 sightseeing tours.
- Read more: Top 5 sightseeing tours around Keukenhof »
More about the flower fields:
- View the flower fields near Amsterdam with the tulip webcams
- Discover the flower fields near Amsterdam with a bicycle
- When is the best time to see the tulip fields around Amsterdam?
- Why do tulips grow so well in Holland?
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card