The world-famous Keukenhof Flower Gardens is part of the Keukenhof Castle estate in Lisse. The flower park is only open during the flowering period of the spring flowers but the Keukenhof Castle estate is open all year round.
Walking around the Keukenhof Castle Gardens
The Keukenhof castle gardens are unique in the Netherlands. It is usually very quiet and you can enjoy the various monuments and gardens. It is perfect for a nice walk. Even in Spring most visitors don’t know that the Castle gardens are just 500 meters away from the Springgarden.
Guided Castle Tour
The attic of the castle is being restored. During this restoration it is not possible to visit the castle. Once the work has been completed, guided tours of Kasteel Keukenhof will be organized again. Keep an eye on the website and Facebook! The Estate remains accessible daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Prices for guided tour
- Adults € 10,-
- Kids (from 4 till 17 year) € 5,-
Petting Zoo Keukenhof
Part of the area is the nice petting zoo. Young and old can enjoy real Dutch farm animals. There is a horse, cow, several peacocks, rabbits, chickens and much more. There is also a nice playground.
Map of the estate of Keukenhof Castle
The park around Keukenhof Castle is bigger than the area that is used for the world famous flower garden. Below you see the map of the Castle and the garden around it.
Best of all is that the estate of Keukenhof Castle is free to enter. You will not have to buy a ticket. Only during special events this estate is not open for free.
Opening hours Keukenhof Castle Gardens
The Estate of Keukenhof is open every day of the week. The gardens are closed if there is an event.
- Monday 10:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 10:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 10:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 10:00 – 17:00
- Friday 10:00 – 17:00
- Saturday 10:00 – 17:00
- Sunday 10:00 – 17:00
Events at Keukenhof Castle
The park is a popular location for events and festivals. During a event the entrance of the park is limited. Below some events at the estate of Keukenhof Castle.
- Castlefest Winter Edition 2018
- Buttonpop 2019 – May 29th 2019
- Castlefest 2019
- Keukenhof Dahlia Days 2019
Close to windmills, cheese and the beach
Did you know that Keukenhof is close to some great windmills, cheese farms and the best part of the Dutch beaches? Well now you know. Just 7 km west from the park you will find the best beaches and beachclubs of The Netherlands. And 7 km east from the park you will find nice cheese farms and windmills.
Hotels near Keukenhof Castle
I love the countryside of Amsterdam and specially the area around Keukenhof flower garden. It’s the perfect place to discover the Netherlands at it’s best. If you want to stay nearby you can choose between lot’s of hotels and bed & breakfast locations. Check availability and prices for the best hotels at my hotel partner Booking.com
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar