The world-famous Keukenhof Tulip Gardens is part of the Keukenhof Castle Gardens in Lisse. The tulip park is only open during the flowering period from the end of March till mid May. The Keukenhof Castle Gardens are open all year around and has lots to offer. Best of all, Keukenhof Castle Gardens are free to visit.
- Walking around the Keukenhof Castle Gardens
- Dahlia Summer Gardens at Keukenhof
- Guided Castle Tour
- Keukenhof Petting Zoo
- Map of the estate of Keukenhof Castle
- Entrance fee Keukenhof Castle
- Summer tours from Amsterdam
- Opening hours Keukenhof Castle Gardens
- Events at Keukenhof Castle
- Close to windmills, cheese and the beach
- Hotels near Keukenhof Castle
Walking around the Keukenhof Castle Gardens
The Keukenhof Castle Gardens are unique in Holland. You can enjoy the various monuments, gardens and of course flowers. It is perfect for a nice walk. Even in spring most visitors don’t know that the Castle Gardens are just 500 meters away from the famous Keukenhof Tulip Gardens. Escape the busy Amsterdam in the beautiful gardens of this estate.
Dahlia Summer Gardens at Keukenhof
From 13 Augustus till 16 October you can enjoy the beautiful Dahlia gardens at Keukenhof Castle during the Dahlia Festival. You will be amazed by the many shapes and colors of the Dahlia.
Guided Castle Tour
The attic of the castle is being restored. During this restoration it is not possible to visit the castle. Once the work has been completed, guided tours of Kasteel Keukenhof will be organized again. Keep an eye on the website and Facebook! The Estate remains accessible daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Prices for guided tour
- Adults € 10,-
- Kids (from 4 till 17 year) € 5,-
Keukenhof Petting Zoo
Part of the area is a nice petting zoo. Young and old can enjoy real Dutch farm animals. There is a horse, cow, several peacocks, rabbits, chickens and much more. There is also a nice playground.
Map of the estate of Keukenhof Castle
The park around Keukenhof Castle is bigger than the area that is used for the world famous flower garden. Below you see the map of the Castle and the gardens around it.
Entrance fee Keukenhof Castle
Best of all is that the estate of Keukenhof Castle is free to enter. You will not have to buy a ticket. Only during special events this estate is not open for free.
Summer tours from Amsterdam
During Dahlia Festival there are some great tours from Amsterdam visiting the Dahlia flowers. Information on this tours can be found at Dahlia Festival.
Opening hours Keukenhof Castle Gardens
The Estate of Keukenhof is open every day of the week. The gardens are closed if there is an event.
- Monday 10:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 10:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 10:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 10:00 – 17:00
- Friday 10:00 – 17:00
- Saturday 10:00 – 17:00
- Sunday 10:00 – 17:00
Events at Keukenhof Castle
The park is a popular location for events and festivals. During a event the entrance of the park is limited. Below some events at the estate of Keukenhof Castle.
Close to windmills, cheese and the beach
Did you know that Keukenhof is close to some great windmills, cheese farms and the best part of the Dutch beaches? Well now you know. Just 7 km west from the park you will find the best beaches and beachclubs of The Netherlands. And 7 km east from the park you will find nice cheese farms and windmills.
Hotels near Keukenhof Castle
If you love the countryside of Amsterdam and specially the area around Keukenhof flower garden it’s the perfect place to discover the Netherlands at it’s best. If you want to stay nearby you can choose between lot’s of hotels and bed & breakfast locations.
Read more: Hotels nearby Keukenhof Gardens »
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket