Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
- This event has passed.
Dahlia Festival – enjoy the summer flowers near Amsterdam
August 12 @ 8:30 am – October 15 @ 7:30 pm
Enjoy the Dutch Summer flowers in Holland at various showgardens. Be amazed by the Keukenhof Castle Gardens in Lisse and visit a tulipfarm for fresh tulip bulbs and dahlia showgarden! During the Dahlia Festival there is so much to see in the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower region).
During the Dahlia Festival, various show gardens will be open in the Bollenstreek. There is a special cycle route along the show gardens and you have the opportunity to enjoy the colourful summer flowers with a sightseeing tour. In combination with the dunes and the beach, this is an ideal day out in the months of August, September and October.
Keukenhof Dahlia Gardens
This summer, visitors to Keukenhof Castle Gardens can enjoy a beautiful dahlia garden and many summer flowers. The designer of Keukenhof Gardens, has created an elegant design for the castle garden this time. Around 150 different types of dahlias have been planted in the front garden of Keukenhof Castle and can be visited for free.
Visit a tulip farm and see the dahlia summer flowers
The popular tulip farm The Tulperij is also open during the Dahlia Festival. You have the opportunity to book a tour and hear the story of the Dutch tulip and the dahlia. Fresh tulip bulbs are also for sale and you can enjoy a large dahlia show garden and pick a bouquet of dahlia flowers. There is even a bus tour from Amsterdam to this tulip farm during the Dahlia Festival.
Sightseeing tours Dahlia Festival
|Renault Twizy summer flowers tour (from Lisse)||€ 85.00||Book now|
|Guided bike tour along the summer flowers||€ 45.00||Book now|
|Electric scooter tour along the summer flowers (from Voorhout)||€ 39.00||Book now|
Flower Tour: Public transport and rental bike
The best option for getting to Keukenhof Castle is by renting a bike near Keukenhof including public transport from Amsterdam to Lisse (train and bus). You can book your Flower Tour online and enjoy the flower tour in your own pace. The Flower Tour includes:
You can choose to ride the Flower Tour with a rental bike or an Electric Scooter.
- A great summer bike route through the Bollenstreek (bike route=35 km). Keukenhof Castle is a 1 km ride from the location of the rental bike.
- Castle Gardens of Keukenhof is included in the bike route
- The route also brings you to the beach and dune area
- Visit a Flower Farm and buy fresh tulip bulbs right from the farm
- See various show gardens with summer flowers
- An informative and fun audioguide (available in Dutch, English and German).
- Optional Public Transport Card to travel from Amsterdam to Lisse
Prices Flower Tour to Summer flowers
|Flower Tour – Including E-Scooter|
|€ 39,95||Book online|
It’s only a 30 minutes drive from the center of Amsterdam . So we recommend traveling by car. You can rent a car or order an Uber.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card