Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
Keukenhof Dahlia Days – enjoy the summer flowers
August 25 @ 8:30 am – August 29 @ 7:30 pm
Enjoy the Dutch Summer flowers at the Keukenhof Castle in Lisse! During the Keukenhof Dahlia Days there is so much to see at the Castle gardens.
This summer visitors to Keukenhof Castle can enjoy a beautiful dahlia garden and many summer flowers. Martin Elling, designer of Keukenhof Gardens, has created an elegant design for the castle garden this time. Around 100 different types of dahlias have been planted in the front garden of Keukenhof Castle.
The estate of Castle Keukenhof is located next to the famous flower park. It has a beautiful castle garden, a nice petting zoo and a large forest. The estate can be visited free of charge throughout the year.
To celebrate the flowering of the summer bulbs, in 2019 there was a flower parade float from the Flower Parade. It’s not yet known if there will be a float in 2021.
How to travel to Keukenhof Castle
During spring season there are a lot of tours and special public transport options for you to travel from Amsterdam to Keukenhof. During Summer there are less options.
Flower Tour: Public transport and rental bike
The best option for getting to Keukenhof Castle is by renting a bike near Keukenhof including public transport from Amsterdam to Lisse (train and bus). You can book your Flower Tour online and enjoy the flower tour in your own pace. The Flower Tour includes:
You can choose to ride the Flower Tour with a rental bike or an Electric Scooter.
- A great summer bike route through the Bollenstreek (bike route=35 km). Keukenhof Castle is a 1 km ride from the location of the rental bike.
- Castle Gardens of Keukenhof is included in the bike route
- The route also brings you to the beach and dune area
- Visit a Flower Farm and buy fresh tulip bulbs right from the farm
- See various show gardens with summer flowers
- An informative and fun audioguide (available in Dutch, English and German).
- Optional Public Transport Card to travel from Amsterdam to Lisse
Prices Flower Tour to Summer flowers
|Flower Tour – Including Bike Rental||€ 19,95||Book online|
|Flower Tour – Including E-Scooter|
|€ 39,95||Book online|
|Public transport return ticket Amsterdam – Lisse||€ 25,00||Book online|
It’s only a 30 minutes drive from the center of Amsterdam . So we recommend traveling by car. You can rent a car or order an Uber.
The park around the Castle is open on:
Monday to Sunday 08.30 – 17.00 (winter: 1 October to 1 April)
Monday to Sunday 08.30 – 19.30 (summer: 1 April to 1 October)
Entrance Keukenhof Castle
The gardens of Keukenhof Castle is free to visit every day.
Visitors can park for free in the parking lot at Kasteel Keukenhof.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card