The route of the Flower Parade in Holland is 42 kilometers (26 miles) long. The Parade starts on Saturday 22 April 2023 at 9.00 am and will end at 9.30 pm. Along the route there are many hotspots where you can enjoy the colorful floats. There are covered grandstands at 4 locations where you can relax and enjoy the Flower Parade.
Route of the Flower Parade 2023
The route starts in the morning at Noordwijk Beach and will finish in the evening in the center of Haarlem City. You can see the parade along the complete route. There are some hotspots to see the parade. For each hotspot we will give extra information about the expected time of arrival, directions to the hotspot and hotels near the hotspots.
Noordwijk Beach – 9.15 am
The start of the Flower Parade is at the beautiful beach of Noordwijk. At 9.15 am the parade will start to ride along the beach boulevard. It is a perfect location to see the parade early in the morning. Because Noordwijk Beach is close to the location of the Night edition of the parade on Friday and it has a lot of great beach hotels its the perfect location to fully enjoy the Flower Parade in Holland. If you want to see the Parade in Noordwijk we advise to book a hotel in Noordwijk. Many roads are blocked on Saturday because of the parade.
Directions to Noordwijk Beach
Noordwijk is easy to reach. Big cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are close at hand. So too are Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport.
Read more: Hotel tips for visiting the Flower Parade »
Sassenheim – 12:15 pm [grandstand location]
The first covered grandstand of the Flower Parade is located in Sassenheim. Places on this grandstand must be booked online in advance. From this location, tours of the flower fields are also given and you can reserve a lunch. The floats in Sassenheim also take a lunch break, making them easy to view.
Downtown Lisse – 3.05 pm [grandstand location]
Lisse is the town where you will find lots of tulip fields and of course Keukenhof Gardens. During the Flower Parade downtown Lisse is very populair. There is a big tourist market and there are artist performing. There will also be a Dutch tv broadcaster making reports about the Flower Parade.
If you want to see the Flower Parade in Lisse you will have to plan in advance. The roads to Lisse are mostly very crowded on parade day. So come early and combine your visit with sightseeing the tulip fields or a visit to Keukenhof Gardens.
Downtown Lisse is just a 10 minutes walk from Keukenhof Gardens. Follow the travel tips to Keukenhof Gardens for directions.
Read more: Hotels near Keukenhof Gardens »
Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse – 3.40 pm
The most populair spot to see the Flower Parade is the unique Keukenhof Boulevard in front of the entrance of Keukenhof Gardens. Its the most crowded day in the flower park so plan your day wisely. If you want to visit the gardens during Flower Parade day make sure to visit it early in the morning or after the Parade.
- Buy your Keukenhof tickets online and Skip the line »
- Hotels near Keukenhof Gardens »
- How to travel to Keukenhof Gardens »
Hillegom – 5:10 pm [grandstand location]
Hillegom is one of the oldest bulb villages and the flower parade arrives late in the afternoon. It is a cozy center and there is a grandstand where you can sit covered. It is necessary to reserve a seat in advance.
City centre of Haarlem – 9.05 pm
Haarlem is one of the great cities in Holland and close to Amsterdam. It’s also being referred as a small version of Amsterdam. All the beauty but less crowded. The Flower Parade ends in the city centre of Haarlem and the floats will stay in Haarlem on Sunday after Parade day. Haarlem is the perfect location for a weekend full of flowers.
Read more: Hotels in Haarlem »
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket