Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
Tulp Festival 2023
April 1, 2023 @ 8:00 am – April 30, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Every spring Holland is the place to admire colorful flower fields and to welcome the new spring season. People from all over the world come to enjoy the beautiful Keukenhof tulip garden and explore the tulip fields just 30 minutes outside the center of Amsterdam. The city center of Amsterdam is also blooming in April. Not with tulip fields but with beautiful flowering tulips at more than 85 locations in the city center.
The Tulip Festival will start again on 23 March 2023. Visiting Amsterdam before then? Then check out our tips below.
- See our list of flower attractions that are still open, including the decennial world fair Floriade Expo 2022.
- Check out the Dahlia Festival from 13 august till 16 October 2022 with lots of summer flower gardens.
- Book your summer flower tour from Amsterdam from 13 August till 16 October 2022
- Do you want tulips in your garden in spring 2023? Order the fresh harvest of Dutch tulip bulbs here.
- Visiting Amsterdam? Check out the I Amsterdam Card with lots of free museums, attractions and public transport. Or check out Amsterdam Ticket & Tours
Tulp Festival 2022
During Tulp Festival you will see blooming tulips at 85 locations: in the public areas of Amsterdam, in the gardens of the city’s museums and hotels, and by notable buildings in the city center as wel as in various districts of Amsterdam. All displays in public areas are free to enjoy, for some museum gardens normal ticket prices apply.
During Tulp Festival you will experience the beautiful tulip flowers everywhere in Amsterdam. It’s a great way welcoming spring in your life. You can check the locations on the Tulp Festival website.
The best thing about tulip season in Holland are the great Keukenhof tulip gardens and of course the endless tulip fields near Amsterdam.
Keukenhof Tulip Garden near Amsterdam
During Tulp Festival the tulip fields near Amsterdam are blooming and best of all Keukenhof Tulip Gardens are open from 24 March till 15 May 2022. If you are in Holland during this period it is definitely recommended to visit this beautiful flower park. If you want to visit Keukenhof it’s best to buy your ticket online. You can skip the line at the checkout and enjoy the tulips even longer.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2023
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2023, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
|Adult (18+)||€ 19.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Day ticket parking||€ 6.00|
|Keukenhof cruise along the tulips||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Park guide book||€ 5.00||Buy tickets|
|Tulip Festival Card||€ 41.00||Buy tickets|
Travel from Amsterdam to the Tulip Fields
The tulip fields and Keukenhof Gardens are about 30 minutes’ drive from the centre of Amsterdam. During the tulip season, there are several possibilities to travel to the tulips.
|Means of transport||Price|
|Bus from RAI Station Amsterdam 852||€ 33.50||Buy tickets|
|Bus from Amsterdam Airport 858||€ 29.50||Buy tickets|
|Bus from This is Holland (near Central Station)||€ 42.50||Buy tickets|
|Tulip Day Tour incl. Keukenhof, Spring Cruise & Tulip Farm||€ 84.50||Buy tickets|
Explore the tulip fields
A visit to the tulip fields is also a must do if you are in Holland during spring. You will see flower fields when you are in Keukenhof Gardens but we strongly advise everybody to explore the flower fields by renting a bike or check out the other sightseeing tours. There is even a spectacular Helicopter tour above the tulip fields.
Stay in a hotel near the tulip fields
Enjoy the tulip fields even longer with a hotel near the fields and Keukenhof Gardens. It will give you the ability to explore the flowers and Keukenhof Gardens early in the morning or in the evening. You can walk or bike to the best flower attractions and visit a real tulip farm.
Read more: Hotels near the tulip fields in Holland »
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket