The world famous flower fields near Amsterdam are a must visit if you are in Holland during spring. The beautiful colors and smells give you the real spring feeling. With these sightseeing tours you will experience the flower fields the best. All flower sightseeing tours start near Keukenhof Gardens.
There are so many ways to enjoy the flower area in Holland. Do you prefer to be active go for a cycling tour. Do you want to explore the flower fields in a more relaxing way? Go for an Electric Twizy car tour, a FunScooter tour. Are you more into spectacular rides? Then go sightseeing the VIP way with a unique helicopter flight above the flower fields.
Self-guided or with a local guide
When you want to check out the flower fields with a sightseeing tour you can choose to go self-guided or with a local guide. Below you can see which tours are self-guided and which tours can be booked with a local guide. The local guide can tell you very much about the flower fields and the flower area. Some self-guided tours include an Audio Guide to learn the story of the flowers.
1. Cycle Flower Tour
Cycling in Holland is very popular. The roads have special bike-lanes and there are more bikes in Holland then there are people. The roads along the flower fields are not crowded and easy to ride. You will have to choose between a self-guided cycle tour or a cycle tour with a local guide.
- Read more: self-guided cycle tours »
- Read more: cycle tour with a local guide »
2. Helicopter Flower Flights
The flower fields are great from the ground but from a helicopter you get a completely different view of the colorful flower fields. The helicopter flies only on 6 days in April and the number of places is limited. In 2020 the flight days are:
- Saturday April 4
- Saturday April 11 (Easter weekend)
- Sunday April 12 (Easter weekend)
- Saturday April 18
- Sunday April 25 (Flower Parade day)
- Saturday April 26
- Read more: Helicopter Flights above the flower fields »
3. Renault Twizy GPS Flower Tour
Experience the enchanting and iconic tulip fields at their purest! Enjoy a trip through the famous flower region with the electric Twizy Tulip Tour. Take in the colors and the smells, and stop as often as you want for a selfie among the tulip and flower fields. In an electric 2-person Renault Twizy, with GPS navigation and audio guide, you can explore one of the most beautiful and colorful regions of Holland at your own pace.
- Read more: Electric Twizy Flower Tour »
4. Classic Bike (Solex) Flower Tour
The Solex classic scooter stands for nostalgia. The popular means of transport of decades ago now serves the nicest recreational tours. With the maximum speed of 25 km per hour, the Solex is ideal to enjoy the flower fields around Keukenhof and because the Solex is a moped, you do not have to wear a helmet. You can choose to join a tour with a guide or explore the flower fields by your own.
5. TukTuk Flower Tour
With this unique TukTuk Tour you get an exclusive private tour along the flower fields around Keukenhof. Your local guide is also your driver and brings you to the most beautiful and unique places nearby Keukenhof. Every day there are two times for you to start your TukTuk Flower Tour.
The TukTuk tour can be booked every day in the Keukenhof season. In 2020 this is from 21 March until 10 May. The TukTuk tour leaves at 10:00 and 17:00.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills