The world famous tulip fields near Amsterdam are a must visit if you are in Holland during tulip season. The beautiful colors and smells give you the real spring feeling. With these sightseeing tours you will experience the tulips and flower fields at their best. All sightseeing tours start near Keukenhof Gardens in the Bollenstreek (flower region).
The Tulip Festival will start again on 23 March 2023. Visiting Amsterdam before then? Then check out our tips below.
- See our list of flower attractions that are still open, including the decennial world fair Floriade Expo 2022.
- Do you want tulips in your garden in spring 2023? Order the fresh harvest of Dutch tulip bulbs here.
- Visiting Amsterdam? Check out the I Amsterdam Card with lots of free museums, attractions and public transport. Or check out Amsterdam Ticket & Tours
The surroundings of Keukenhof Gardens are enchanting. Many different flower fields provide a unique experience every spring. There are so many ways to enjoy the flower area in Holland. Do you prefer to be active? Go cycling. Do you want to explore the tulip fields in a more relaxing way? Then go for a Keukenhof cruise, a Twizy electric car tour or an electric scooter tour. Would you like to discover the tulip fields as a VIP? Then go for a spectacular helicopter flight above the tulip fields.
Self-guided or with a local guide
When you want to check out the flower fields with a sightseeing tour you can choose to go self-guided or with a local guide. Below you can see which tours are self-guided and which tours can be booked with a local guide. The local guide can tell you very much about the flower fields and the flower area. Some self-guided tours include an Audio Guide to learn the story of the flowers.
Keukenhof boat tour along the tulip fields in Holland
From the water you can enjoy the tulip fields in Holland in a completely different way. Experience it for yourself with the sightseeing Keukenhof boat tour. This tour takes 45 minutes and starts at the windmill in Keukenhof flower park. During the cruise, you will hear the story of the tulip fields in Holland via an audio tour. As the departure point is in Keukenhof Gardens, you will need a ticket for Keukenhof as well as a boat ticket.
|Ticket Keukenhof boat tour|
(Exclusive Keukenhof admission ticket)
|Adults (12+)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Children (4-11)||€ 4.50||Buy tickets|
|Children (0-3)||Free||Buy tickets|
Cycle along the flowering tulip fields
Biking in Holland is very popular. The roads have special bike-lanes and there are more bikes in Holland then there are people. The roads along the tulip fields are not crowded and easy to walk or ride. So sightseeing the tulips is best done by bike. You will have to choose between a self-guided cycle route or a cycle tour with a local guide. You can get a rental bike at Keukenhof or near the gardens.
- Guided bike tour along the tulip fields near Keukenhof »
- Cycle routes along the tulip fields around Keukenhof in Holland »
- Rental bikes at Keukenhof Gardens »
Helicopter sightseeing flight above the tulip fields
The tulip fields are great from the ground but from a helicopter you get a completely different view of the colorful flower fields. The helicopter flies only on 6 days in April and the number of places is limited. The flight days for 2023 are not yet known. We expect to announce them in October.
|Helicopter Tours||From price|
|Saturday April 9||€ 126.00|
|Saturday April 16 (Easter Weekend)||€ 126.00||Sold out|
|Sunday April 17 (Easter Weekend)||€ 126.00||Sold out|
|Saturday April 23 (Flower Parade Weekend)||€ 126.00||Sold out|
|Sunday April 24 (Flower Parade Weekend)||€ 126.00||Sold out|
|Saturday April 30||€ 126.00||Sold out|
Read more: Helicopter flight above the tulip fields »
Renault Twizy GPS Tulip Tour
Experience the enchanting and iconic tulip fields at their purest! Enjoy a trip through the famous Bollenstreek with the electric Twizy Tulip Tour. Take in the colors and the smells, and stop as often as you want for a selfie among the tulip and flower fields. In an electric 2-person Renault Twizy, with GPS navigation and audio guide, you can explore one of the most beautiful and colorful regions of Holland at your own pace.
Tip: Experience the sunset and tulip fields all by yourself and no crowds when you book an evening tour from 7pm – 9pm. (sunset around 8.30pm). Very instagrammable!
Read more: Electric Twizy Flower Tour »
Electric Scooter Tulip Tour
With an electric scooter you can ride silently past the tulip fields around Keukenhof. The electric scooter is very easy to steer and ensures that you can admire a large part of the flower fields without much effort.
Read more: Tulip Tour with an electric scooter »
TukTuk Private Sightseeing Tour
Enjoy the flower fields in a fun and relaxt way with the TukTuk Private Tulip Tour. Escape the crowds and enjoy the silence along beautiful flower fields.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket