Museum De Zwarte Tulp, the museum about flower bulb culture and -art, is situated in Lisse, the heart of the Flower bulb region. It’s a 40 minutes drive from the city centre of Amsterdam. Tulip garden Keukenhof is just a 1 mile walk.
About Museum De Zwarte Tulp
In the museum visitors experience the flower bulb region guided by an interactive exhibition for the whole family and school-going youth. The museum tells about 500 years of history of the region, about the labour in the fields of 100 years ago and the present day, and the science behind the development of new varieties of tulips.
Besides that we show how again and again artists are inspired by the beauty of flowers, with the help of one of the most important collections of pictures in this field, an art collection consisting of paintings, glass-, silver- and china-ware and alternating exhibitions of modern art.
The museum is housed in the centre of Lisse in a building that was once used as an old bulb shed. Part of the museum are the old impressive early 20th century board rooms of the Chalk sand brick factories Van Herwaarden BV – called the Comparitie (meeting room te settle disputes). It goed without saying that during the season a variety of bulb plants are flowering in the museum garden.
There is a museum shop and a museum cafe for coffee, tea and non alcoholic drinks.
The museum is open from 13.00 till 17.00. On Mondays the museum is closed.
You can buy your ticket for Museum De Zwarte Tulip online in our ticketshop.
- Childeren < 4 year are free
- Childeren 5 – 18 year € 3,50
- Adults € 8,00
Hotels near Museum De Zwarte Tulp
Visit our list of hotels in Lisse to see all the hotels, bed & breakfasts nearby this Museum.
The museum is located in the centre of flowertown Lisse, just 40 minutes drive from the Amsterdam City centre. From Keukenhof Garden it’s just a 10 minutes walk.
- Museum De Zwarte Tulip
- Heereweg 219
- 2161 BG Lisse
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket