Every spring the flower fields in the Netherlands are showing their amazing colors. If you are in The Hague between the end of March till the beginning of May you can visit Keukenhof Gardens and the amazing flower fields.
Keukenhof and flower fields from The Hague
Keukenhof Gardens and the flower fields are only 32 kilometers (20 miles) away from The city of The Hague. The flower park is located in the middle of the Bollenstreek (flower region). You can travel to the flowers by bus, train, car or even bike to the flowers from from The Hague.
How to travel to Keukenhof and the flower Fields from The Hague
Travel by car
Driving to the Flower Fields from The Hague is easy. You just have to drive north (direction Amsterdam, Haarlem) for around 30 minutes and take the exit Lisse (Keukenhof). You can park your car at Keukenhof Gardens for just € 6,- for a whole day of flower fun. Parking tickets can be bought online together with the entrance tickets to skip the line at the ticket office.
To see the flower fields at there best we recommend to rent a bike. You can rent a bike at Keukenhof and order it here.
With public transport
From The Hague you have different options for traveling by public transport. Below are the best options for traveling to Keukenhof Gardens by public transport.
Train & Bike
If you want to use public transport from The Hague to Keukenhof and the flower fields, then you must plan your trip well. The nearest trainstation (Station Hillegom) is located approximately 5 kilometers away from Keukenhof. From the station you can cycle to Keukenhof and the flower fields with a rental bike. This rental bike must be reserved online in advance. The train station is located at the flower fields and you cycle through the flower fields to Keukenhof.
Train & Bus
If you do not want to cycle, you can also travel by train to Leiden Central Station and then take the Keukenhof Express bus that runs directly to Keukenhof Gardens. You can buy combi-tickets for the Keukenhof bus including a Keukenhof Skip the Line ticket for € 27.00. Please note: this combi-ticket is not valid for the train.
With a guided tour bus
The most relaxt way to visit the flower region is by booking a guided tour to Keukenhof Gardens from The Hague. The tour will bring you straight to the centre of the flower area.
The tour will be in English, Spanish and German
From March 21st until May 10th 2020, every Wednesday & Saturday. Busstops:
- next to ministry of finance
- Prinsessegracht 10
- between the corners of Korte Voorhout and Casuariestraat.
The bus will stop in the Hague: at 10:45 am at Prinsessegracht
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card