Flowers are one of Holland’s best-known products. Especially in spring, flowers are also very visible in the flower fields in the countryside close to Amsterdam. Below, we have collected the best flower attractions and flower museums in Holland for you. Some are only open during tulip season and others are open all year round.
Holland’s number one flower attraction is Keukenhof Gardens. This stunning spring park is only open during the tulip season. This means they are only open for seven to eight weeks each year. In 2024, they will be open from March 21 to May 12.
Read more: Keukenhof Gardens
Tulip Farm De Tulperij
Discover all about the Dutch tulip at Tulip Farm De Tulperij. Take great photos in the show garden and book a tour given by the farmer. The tulip farm is open during the tulip season from 21 March to 12 May 2024. This tulip farm is also open from 10 August to 13 October. You can then go there to buy the new crop of tulip bulbs and enjoy the large Dahlia summer flower show garden.
Read more: Tulip Farm De Tulperij
Tulip Experience Amsterdam
One of the newest tulip attractions is the Tulip Experience Amsterdam. This museum with very large tulip show garden (more than 1 million tulips) is less than 2 kilometres from Keukenhof Gardens. In 2024 the Tulip Experience will be open from March 21 to May 12.
Read more: Tulip Experience Amsterdam
Tulip selfie garden The Tulip Barn
Of course, you want to take the best photos among the tulips. The Tulip Barn has created an amazing tulip garden for that. From 29 March to 12 May 2024, you can take the best tulip photos with lots of tulips, of course, but also with fun photo elements such as a swing, bicycle and many more photo opportunities.
Read more: The Tulip Barn
Museum De Zwarte Tulp in Lisse
Museum De Zwarte Tulp is located in the center of Lisse. In the museum you learn more about the Bollenstreek. The museum is a 10-minute walk from Keukenhof Gardens and is located along many cycling and walking routes through the Bollenstreek. The Museum De Zwarte Tulp is open all year round.
Read more: Museum De Zwarte Tulp
Amsterdam Tulip Museum
The Amsterdam Tulip Museum is centrally located in the center of Amsterdam. In this small museum you will learn a lot about the iconic tulip. The Amsterdam Tulip Museum is open all year round.
Read more: Amsterdam Tulip Museum
Flower Auction Aalsmeer Holland
The flower auction is a world on its own. You will have to get up early if you want to visit the auction, but it is more than worth it. Experience the hustle and bustle on the floor, see the traders buying at the clock and marvel at the huge numbers of stunning flowers from more than 50 countries that are bought and sold here every day. The flower auction is open all year round.
Read more: Flower Auction Aalsmeer Holland
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card