Keukenhof, unique flower park near Amsterdam in Holland
Keukenhof Gardens are a very popular place to visit during spring in Holland. It’s the best day out among the flowers near Amsterdam! Every year more than 7 million flower bulbs are planted in autumn to bloom in spring. There is a variety of 800 different tulips. A unique and unforgettable experience for everyone.
The flower park has 32 hectares of flowers. There are also spectacular flower shows, surprising inspirational gardens, unique artworks and wonderful events. Wanna know everything about the Dutch tulips? Visit the Tulpomania exhibition in the Juliana Pavilion in the park.
Keukenhof theme 2019
Every year the flower park is dedicated to a specific theme. The inspiration gardens, events and artworks are adjusted accordingly. The theme for 2019 is Flower Power. The flower park will open for the 70th time, so 2019 is the year to go back to the 1970s and to experience the power of flowers.
Walking between the tulips of Keukenhof
From the 10 miles (15 km) hiking trails of Keukenhof you will have a spectacular view of the flower gardens. During your walk you will see unique, weekly changing flower shows, beautiful ponds and various pavilions with various restaurants and terraces. It is your chance to make the most beautiful flowers photos. In addition to the huge flower garden, the Keukenhof is also the largest statue garden of the Netherlands. You can admire many statues made by national and international artist.
Visit Keukenhof Gardens with kids
Keukenhof is also one big party for kids. They will have a blast with the treasure hunt, petting farm, maze and the playground. There is also a Miffy playground for little kids to enjoy. Keukenhof garden is a great day out for the whole family.
Discover the flower fields near the Keukenhof Gardens (Bollenstreek)
Keukenhof itself consists exclusively of hiking trails, during a biking tour around the gardens you will discover the beauty of the flower fields in Holland. The area is called Bollenstreek (flower bulb region) in Dutch. You can check out the status of the flower fields with our free flower updates. Bike rental can be found at the entrance of the flower park and costs € 10 per day. You can reserve your bike online so you don’t have to wait for a bike to be available.
Free Blooming updates of the flowers in Holland
Every month we send the best tips for Dutch events through our free newsletter and from March 2019 till May we will send a free weekly blooming update of the flowers from Holland. So if you want to stay informed about the growth of the tulips, please register here. You can also follow our Facebook page for the latest information about the flowering of the tulips.
Map of Keukenhof Gardens
A free map is available from the ticket office at the Keukenhof, information desk or entrance. You will also find signs and maps in the park. Click on the map below to enlarge.
Opening hours Keukenhof 2019
The flower park will be open from the 21th of March till the 19th of May 2019:
|Monday||08:00 – 19:30|
|Tuesday||08:00 – 19:30|
|Wednesday||08:00 – 19:30|
|Thursday||08:00 – 19:30|
|Friday||08:00 – 19:30|
|Saturday||08:00 – 19:30|
|Sunday||08:00 – 19:30|
The ticket office is open from 08.00 – 18.00
Entrance fees Keukenhof Gardens 2019
You buy a day ticket for the flower garden. With this ticket you can visit the park all day. We advise you to buy your ticket online to avoid long waiting times at the keukenhof checkout.
These are the entrance fees for the Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam:
Buy your 2019 ticket now online
How to travel to Keukenhof
The flower park is close to Amsterdam and other Dutch cities but if you want to go there you will have to choose how you want to go there. There are several options available. You can travel bij public transport (Keukenhof Bus Express), driving to the flower park by car, book a guided tour from Amsterdam, The Hague or Rotterdam, get a taxi, go biking or walking to the Keukenhof Gardens. Check out our article on transport options for the Flower Gardens.
Events at Keukenhof Gardens
Every day of opening the gardens will look amazing. On some days there are special events being held for your to enjoy. All events are free (you only pay for your Keukenhof ticket). Events for 2019 are not yet final. Sign up for our free newsletter to stay informed.
- 24/03/2018 – 25/03/2018 – Hello Spring!
- 28/03/2018 – 16/05/2018 – Fairytale festival (every Wednesday)
- 30/03/2018 – 02/04/2018 – Dutch heritage weekend
- 06/04/2018 – 08/04/2018 – Flower market
- 12/04/2018 – 15/04/2018 – Romantic Roses festival
- 21/04/2018 – Flower Parade
- 28/04/2018 – 29/04/2018 – All you need is love
- 02/05/2018 – 06/05/2018 – Blooming Romance festival
- 12/05/2018 – 13/05/2018 – Romance at the Gardens
Stationsweg 166a, 2161 AM Lisse
Phone: +31 252 465555
The most populair articles about Keukenhof Gardens
There is so much more to say about the most beautiful flower garden in the world. Below are our most populair articles:
- Do you want a spectacular experience? Book a Helicopter Flight above the flower fields
- Do you have a question about Flower Gardens? Check out our FAQ Keukenhof page
- Want to stay over near Keukenhof Gardens? Our Top 10 hotels are a great choice
- Need transportation? Check out our options for traveling to Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out the great Flower indoorshows at the Keukenhof Gardens
- Read all about the Keukenhof theme 2019: Flower Power
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar