Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
- This event has passed.
King’s Day at Keukenhof
April 27 @ 8:00 am – 7:30 pm
King’s Day is celebrated exuberantly in the Netherlands every year on 27 April. On this day, the colour orange is central and the King’s birthday is celebrated. Events are organised all over the Netherlands. Keukenhof Gardens is open on King’s Day and because it is the end of April, it is also a great day to admire the tulips.
Flowering during Easter weekend
Every year, King’s Day is a perfect time to admire the tulips. The flowers in Keukenhof are in full bloom and also the tulip fields around the flower park are in bloom. Please note that the flowering of the spring flowers depends on the weather conditions. Follow our flower forecasts to stay informed about the flowering of the flowers.
Indoor flower shows
In addition to the beautiful flower gardens, Keukenhof also has a number of indoor flower shows. During the opening weekend, the following flower shows can be visited:
|Type of flowers||Location at Keukenhof|
|Lisianthus show||Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|Potted Bulb show (tulips and more)||Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|Amaryllis show||Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|Anthurium show||Beatrix Pavilion|
|Orchid show||Beatrix Pavilion|
Limited capacity during King’s Day
King’s Day is a free day in the Netherlands. In 2022, this day will also fall in the May holiday for children. There are many events in the villages and cities during Koningsdag but more and more people choose to go to the tulips on Koningsdag. From 2022 onwards, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of visitors per day. If you want to visit Keukenhof during King’s Day, book your ticket in time. Take a look at the current Keukenhof ticket availability and book your visit easily.
Extra activities during King’s Day
On King’s Day, there are many events in the villages and towns. Children sell their toys at the free markets and there are various activities for young and old. Take a look at bollenstreek.nl for the extra activities around Keukenhof on Koningsdag.
Hotels during King’s Day
Due to the fact that King’s Day is very popular every year, hotels are often fully booked long beforehand. Do you want a hotel near Keukenhof? Make sure you book your hotel in advance. Below you can find the current availability and prices during King’s Day.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card