The flower auction near Amsterdam is a world on its own. You will have to get up early if you want to visit the auction, but it is more than worth it.
Experience the hustle and bustle on the floor, see the traders buying at the clock and marvel at the huge numbers of stunning flowers from more than 50 countries that are bought and sold here every day. As a guest of Royal FloraHolland, you can follow the entire auction process from a special gallery. Stand at the center of the international flower trade for a unique experience you won’t soon forget!
Combine your visit to the flower auction with the new flower experience center FloriWorld. This center is located next to the flower auction.
Opening hours Dutch flower auction
The flower auction starts early. Most of the action is in the opening hour. So the earlier you get there, the more you see. The auction is open to the public on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 07.00 am to 11.00 am, and on Thursdays, from 07.00 am to 09.00 am.
We advise to start the visit as early as possible because in the early hours everything is in full activity. The auction is closed to the public on Saturdays and Sundays, on public holidays and December 31.
From the Visitor Centre, walk across a gallery through the auction complex. At the end of the bridge, you arrive at the auction room where dealers buy at the clock.
As you walk around, you’ll find information panels which explain – in four languages – the auction process and the activities you’ll be watching. There’s no need to sign up for this tour in advance.
You can also explore the auction with a professional guide. Tours are conducted in Dutch, English or German.
Guided tours are by appointment (at 7.00 am), extra costs, only for professional groups.
Prices for the Dutch flower auction
- Adults: € 7.50 per person
- Children (6 – 11 years): € 4.50 per child
- For groups (from 15 people): € 6.50 per person (tour guide and bus driver are free of charge)
- Guided tour: € 120.00 (Max 25 / group only to book using the form above under the heading “Guided Tour”)
Free parking / public transport
Parking is free for visitors. Park on the parking roof (P23 white).
The flower auction is easy to get to by public transport: Connexxion bus 172.
Bus 172 travels from Amsterdam Central Station to Aalsmeer. This bus stops in front of the door (busstop: Hoofdingang).
Royal FloraHolland Aalsmeer is accessible to those using wheelchairs. Please contact us for more information.
Prepare your visit
At the flower auction you can listen to the free audiotour.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple Store and download the izi.TRAVEL app.
- Open the izi.TRAVEL app en click on the compass button on the lower left side of your screen.
- Typ ‘Aalsmeer’ on the search field and open the Royal FloraHolland audiotour.
- Have fun!
Hotel nearby Flower Auction
When you want to visit the Flower Auction in the early hours it can be wise to get a hotel nearby Flower Auction. Because the auction is close to Schiphol Amsterdam Airport you have a lot of hotels to choose from. Check our list of hotels near the Flower Auction.
Address Flower Auction
- Royal FloraHolland
- Legmeerdijk 313
- 1431 GB Aalsmeer
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket