When you are planning to visit Amsterdam it’s recommended to plan your activities in advance. There is so much to do in the city that you have to make choices.
There are a lot of great attractions and tours you can enjoy and where you will see a lot of Amsterdam and the region around the city. When you book in advance there is mostly an interesting discount available and you can skip the lines at the ticket office.
Below you will find my personal favorites of things to do in and around Amsterdam. Do you want to stay updated? Please sign up for my free monthly email newsletter (during Spring we will send you a weekly blooming update).
Things to do in Amsterdam
- Visit the great Heineken Experience in Amsterdam and learn everything about Heineken Beer. You even get to taste two Heineken beers =)
- Visit the Unique Amsterdam Ice bar and check out this cool place.
- Check out the animals at Artis City Zoo Amsterdam. Great to visit with kids of all ages.
- Fly above Holland in the new attraction This is Holland in the centre of Amsterdam.
- Get a stadium tour behind the scenes at the Johan Cruijff ArenA (the legendary home of the Ajax football team). (my sons favorite)
Amusement parks near Amsterdam
- The Efteling is the biggest and most beautiful theme park in the Netherland. (about 100 km from Amsterdam -> there is a tour available from Amsterdam to Efteling)
- Do you like rollercoasters? Check out the former Six Flags park now called Walibi Holland
- A great amusement park with kids is Duinrell. This theme park includes the biggest tropical Swimmingpool of Holland called Tikibad. Of course there are a lot of water slides at this park.
- 6 hours driving from Amsterdam you will find Disneyland Paris. It’s worth the visit but only if you have enough time =).
- Slagharen is fun for the whole family with rides and things to do for all ages, across several different themes! (2 hours drive from Amsterdam)
- Visit one of the many flower farms near Amsterdam
- Are you visiting Amsterdam between 21 March until 19 May 2019? Then Keukenhof Flower Gardens is a must visit.
- During Spring season a must do is taking a helicopter flight above the tulip fields
- We did mentions it before but at This is Holland you will fly above the tulip fields (all year)
- See how the Dutch are trading flowers all over the world Dutch Flower Auction FloraHolland Aalsmeer
- Buy your own flowers and bulbs (check if it’s buying season) Floating Flower Market Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Tulip Museum is a nice little museum in the centre of Amsterdam
- Nearby Keukenhof flower garden you will find Museum De Zwarte Tulp (Black Tulip Museum) in Lisse. This museum is open all year.
Dutch Countryside of Holland Top attractions
- Volendam & Marken – Windmilles, cheese & clogs tour – € 55,00
- Zaanse Schans – windmill tour – € 34,50
- Royal Delft Experience Tickets + Audiotour – € 13,50
Keukenhof Tours (March 21 – May 19 2019)
- Keukenhof ticket + public transport from Amsterdam € 29,00
- Helicopter flight above the Dutch Flower Fields near Keukenhof
- Keukenhof Bustour including a visit to a real Dutch tulip farm € 69,-
- Spring deal – Keukenhof + Rijksmuseum + Canal Cruise for € 39,- (24% discount)
- LisseCard – Keukenhof + Museum De Zwarte Tulp + Bike Rental + Public Transport € 49,-
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar