On a nice sunny day I went to the beach in The Hague. This beach is the most popular beach in the Netherlands and is called Scheveningen. We are going to test the Ferris Wheel at the beach.
Beach of The Hague
Scheveningen Beach is part of the great city of The Hague. The Hague is less than 1 hour drive from Amsterdam. There are many beach clubs, shops, restaurants, attractions and of course the beautiful wide Dutch sandy beach.
Ferris wheel SkyView on The Pier
As soon as you walk into the beach of Scheveningen you will see the Pier with the big Ferris wheel. You can not miss this eye-catcher. De Pier was built in 1961 and has a wide range of restaurants, shops and attractions. The big Ferris wheel is a must visit.
Prices Ferris Wheel SkyView
The SkyView Wheel is perfect in combination with a visit to Hollands best beach. A ride will be around 15 minutes and when you order your ticket online you will also get a pastry, and a hot beverage.
- SkyView ticket (15 minutes ride + a hot beverage and pastry) – € 14,00
Opening hours Ferris Wheel
The Ferris wheel is open on the following days:
- Monday 11:00 – 20:00
- Tuesday 11:00 – 20:00
- Wednesday 11:00 – 20:00
- Thursday 11:00 – 20:00
- Friday 11:00 – 22:00
- Saturday 11:00 – 22:00
- Sunday 11:00 – 20:00
How to get to Ferris Wheel Scheveningen in The Hague
From Amsterdam (via A4), Rotterdam (via A13) and Utrecht (via A12) to the Prins Clausplein A12 junction in the direction of Voorburg. Continue until the end of A12. Turn right here Benoordenhoutseweg and after 800 meters at the traffic lights first left into the Van Alkemadelaan. This avenue changes into the Zwolsestraat. To park, turn right at the traffic lights at the TINQ pumping station and enter Parking Scheveningen-Strand. You must drive as far below as possible to park it as close to De Pier as possible. You can take the stairs or elevator up there. When leaving the car park, turn right and walk towards the crossroads and when crossing you can only go straight ahead. The time is about 5 minutes until you arrive at De Pier.
By public Transport
From Trainstation The Hague Central you can travel further with tram lines 9, at station The Hague Laan van NOI take bus number 22 and if you come via The Hague Hollands Spoor, you can travel with tram 1 and tram 9. At stop Kurhaus you can travel with get off the bus or tram.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar