Keukenhof gardens are a short distance from major Dutch cities such as Amsterdam. Yet it is wise to delve into the transport to the flower garden. With the Keukenhof bus you save money and especially time that you can use to enjoy the flowers in Holland.
Keukenhof bus to the flower gardens
When you buy Keukenhof tickets you also have the option to buy a combi ticket. These tickets are valid for Keukenhof bus lines (Keukenhof Express) that run specifically in spring season. With this special bus you can quickly drive to the flower garden from cities like Amsterdam. Haarlem, Leiden and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Save money and time
With the combi bustickets you get a great discount on your Keukenhof and bus tickets. Below you will find the prices for a return ticket with Keukenhof bus including your Skip the Line Keukenhof ticket. The price for the combi ticket depends on the location from which you travel. Below you can see the different locations from where traveling with the combi ticket is possible.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol – (busline 858) – € 25,00
- Haarlem – (busline 50) – € 25,00
- Leiden – (busline 854) – € 25,00
- Amsterdam (city) (busline 397 and 858) – € 30,00
- Kids (4-11 years) – € 13,50
FAQ about Keukenhof Bus
Although traveling with the Keukenhof bus is very easy, we still get a lot of questions about these bus lines. Below we answer the most common questions.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
You can take the Keukenhof bus (line 858). It will take you straight to the main entrance of Keukenhof Gardens. You can find bus 858 at the bus stop outside Arrivals hall 4. (next to Starbucks). Just follow the signs from Schiphol Plaza and you can’t miss it. On busy days busses will depart every 5 minutes.
Amsterdam City Centre
The combi ticket is also valid on the Airport Express Bus (bus line 397), this is operated by the Connexxion bus company. You will find bus stops at several locations including the Leidseplein, the Rijksmuseum and the Museumplein in Amsterdam centre. At Schiphol you transfer over to the Keukenhof Express bus line 858. Check out more info about the Airport Express Bus 397.
Leiden Central Station
Keukenhof bus 854 from Leiden Central Station departs from the bus station on the town centre side of the NS-station.
Bus line 50 from Haarlem station departs from the bus station located on the town centre side. You alight at the Nachtegaal Hotel in Lisse. Main entrance to Keukenhof is only 5 minutes walk
The travel time of the Keukenhof Gardens depends of your starting point. Below the expected travel times per location. Take into account that the travel time on busy days can be longer.
Amsterdam Airport (bus 858) – 30 -35 minutes
Leiden (bus 854) – 25 minutes
Haarlem (bus 50) – 40 minutes
Amsterdam (bus 397 and 858) – 55 – 60 minutes
No, the GVB ticket and the I Amsterdam City Card are not valid for the Keukenhof bus.
Yes, you can travel with a wheelchair.
yes, there are many ways to travel to Keukenhof Gardens. Check out our article about traveling to Keukenhof Gardens for more options.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar