Amsterdam is one of the nicest cities in Holland and also in Europe. The diversity of the city will amaze you. You certainly do not get bored in the world-famous 17th century Capital of Holland because there is always something to do for young and old. Of course there are many attractions in Amsterdam and even more hotels in Amsterdam.
Tips for visiting Amsterdam
If you are going to visit Amsterdam, it is useful to prepare yourself for your transport inside and outside the city. There is also so much to do that good planning helps you get the most out of your visit to Amsterdam. Below we give you some tips that can help you to experience Amsterdam and Holland optimally.
Museums for all ages
Amsterdam has the world’s highest museum density and it’s home to cultural treasures like the Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, and Rijksmuseum with its world-famous “The Night Watch’’ by Rembrandt the painter. Are you visiting Amsterdam with children? Micropia near Artis and Science Center NEMO and This is Holland are must-see attractions!
Exploring Amsterdam by boat and bike
The name of the city dates from the 12th century, when a dam was built in the Amstel river. Today the water is still a defining element of Amsterdam. You should definitely go on a boat tour in Amsterdam and discover the historic canal ring, which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2011.
Tulips and Amsterdam
Wanna hear the story of the dutch national symbol the tulip? You can travel to the flower region (in Dutch it’s called Bollenstreek). In spring you will be amazed by the bright colors of the blooming flower fields. The Flower region is just a 30 minutes drive from the city centre of Amsterdam.
More about Amsterdam
- Top 5 things to do when you are in Amsterdam
- Floating flower market in Amsterdam
- The 10 best Dutch Hotspots you must visit during you stay just outside Amsterdam City
- Tips for renting a car in Amsterdam?
- Amsterdam’s best club entrance, free drinks and more!
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar