Amsterdam is the world-famous 17th century capital of Holland. Enjoy the historic buildings, beautiful museums and pleasant ambiance. Go for a boat tour on the canals, stroll through Vondelpark, and go shopping in the inner city. Amsterdam is a unique city!
The pleasant Jordaan district boasts narrow streets, bustling cafés and stately merchant houses lining the famous canals. Go shopping in small boutiques and art galleries in de 9 straatjes (9 streets) or visit one of the large department stores for indoor shopping.
Museums for all ages
Amsterdam has the world’s highest museum density and it home to cultural treasures like the Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, and Rijksmuseum with its world-famous “The Night Watch’’ by Rembrandt the painter.
Are you visiting Amsterdam with children? Micropia near Artis and Science Center NEMO are must-see attractions!
Exploring Amsterdam by boat and bicycle
The name of the city dates from the 12th century, when a dam was built in the Amstel river. Today the water is still a defining element of Amsterdam. You should definitely go on a boat tour of Amsterdam and discover the historic canal ring, which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2011.
Tulips and Amsterdam
Wanna here the story of the dutch national symbol the tulip? You can travel to the flower strip (in Dutch it’s called Bollenstreek). In spring you will be amazed by the bright colors of the blooming flower fields. The Bollenstreek is just a 40 minutes drive from the city centre of Amsterdam.
More about Amsterdam
- Top 5 things to do when you are in Amsterdam
- Floating flower market in Amsterdam
- The 10 best Dutch Hotspots you must visit during you stay just outside Amsterdam City
- Tips for renting a car in Amsterdam?
- Amsterdam’s best club entrance, free drinks and more!
- More about the Dutch tulips
- More about the Dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)