If you are in Amsterdam you have to visit the only floating flower market in the world. The market exits since 1862. The flower stalls stand on the houseboats and evoke the old days when the market was daily supplied by boats.
The market is open all year and is a very colorful place to visit. You will find all sorts of flower bulbs like tulips. But you can also buy bouquets or single flowers. The bulbs at this market are ready for export so you can take them with you to enjoy them at home. In December the flower market will also sell Christmas tree’s.
If you are looking for a great souvenir you have also come to the right place. Every shop at the Amsterdam Flower Market has products like clogs, wooden tulips and cheese.
The Amsterdam Flower Market is opened from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 to 17:30 and Sunday from 11:30 to 17:30.
The market is located on the Singel canal between the Koningsplein and the Muntplein.
For accommodation nearby the market check the list of hotels close to Amsterdam flower market.
- Flower Market in Amsterdam
- Singel 630 to 600
- 1017 AZ Amsterdam
- More about the Dutch tulips
- More about the Dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Discover everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about Amsterdam
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)