Welcome to the first Flower Forecast of 2019. We hope you have had a good start in 2019. In Holland we are busy with the preparations for the new spring flower season and we can not wait for the beautiful colorful flower fields to blossom again.
In this first forecast you can see what the flower fields look like now and what the expectations are for the flowering of the flower fields in Holland. We also look at the upcoming (flower) events in Amsterdam and the surrounding area.
Current state of the flower fields
In January the flower fields are in hibernation. Millions of flower bulbs were planted in autumn and the fields are covered by a layer of chopped wheat straw. The straw is to protect the flower bulbs from damage caused by frost. The straw is a populair shelter for birds. It will take about two to three months for the flowers to start blooming.
So far we have not had any really cold weather in Holland. It has not really frozen yet. The same weather is expected until the end of January. We will keep looking at February and March because the weather in these months is important for the growth of the flower fields.
Flower Forecast 2019
As we already wrote above the real winter temperatures have stayed away until now. For the time being, we expect the flower fields to grow according to the average growth line. Check out the average growth of the flowers.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May.
Flower Map 2019
From March till Mid May we will update the Flower Map weekly.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills