Holland and flowers have been connected to each other for hundreds of years. In the past, flower parades have been created at various towns and villages in Holland. The flower parades are a true Dutch tradition that many volunteers work for throughout the year. Most flower parades are held in August and September but the most famous Dutch flower parade runs in April.
If you want to visit a flower parade, it is wise to plan your visit well in advance. Many Flower Parades are so popular that hotels in the area have been fully booked for many months and transport to the view locations is very busy on paradeday.
Below we give a short overview of the most popular flower parades that you should not miss when you are in Holland.
Keukenhof Flower Parade in April
Actually this parade is not called Keukenhof Flower Parade but Bloemencorso Bollenstreek. Because many people combine this flower parade with a visit to Keukenhof and the Flower Parade runs along Keukenhof it is often called this way.
This Flower Parade is the highlight of spring in Holland and it’s held in April. Millions of people enjoy the colorful flower floats. It’s the most famous Flower Parade in Holland and it’s unique because it uses spring flowers like Hyacinths, daffodils and tulips to decorate the parade floats.Check availability of hotels nearby the Keukenhof
When will the Keukenhof Flower Parade take place in 2019?
The Flower Parade 2019 will be held on Saturday 13 April 2019 which is quit early in April. The reason for this early edition is the fact that the parade can not be held in the Easter weekend of April 20 and a week later it is Kingsday (April 27) in Holland. It will be the 72th time this Flower Parade is being held.
You can take a look at the building of the flower parade and on Friday evening you have the chance to see the unique illuminated version of the flower parade. Check out our event calendar for the side events and more information like the route of the Keukenhof Flower Parade.
More about the Keukenhof Flower Parade
- The history of the Dutch Flower Parade
- Download the promotion flyer for the Flower Parade 2018
- The Dutch Flower Parade of the Bollenstreek 2018
Flower Parades in August and September
Many flower parades are held in Holland in August and September. Summer Flower Parades use different flowers than the Keukenhof Flower Parade. Primarily Dahlias are used to build up the gigantic flower floats. Below is a brief overview of the flower parades that you should have seen.
- Varend Corso Westland
- Leersum Bloemencorso
- Sint Jansklooster Bloemencorso
- Rekken Bloemencorso
- Winterswijk Bloemencorso
- Vollenhoeve Bloemencorso
- Eelde Bloemencorso
- Zundert Bloemencorso
- Beltrum Bloemencorso
- Floraliacorso Frederiksoord
- Lichtenvoorde Bloemencorso
- Valkenswaard Bloemencorso
- Voorthuizen Bloemencorso
- Gondelvaart op wielen
- Winkel Bloemencorso
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar