Flower Parade Bollenstreek nearby Amsterdam
Every year millions of people from all over the world enjoy the unique Dutch Flower Parade. The Flower Parade 2019 will be held on the 13st of April. In the days before you will have the unique opportunity to visit the making of the beautiful parade floats.
The Flower Parade has a long history in the Bollenstreek (Dutch Flower Region). In 2019 it’s time for the 72th edition. The first float in 1947 was a whale.
The making of the Dutch Flower Parade
In the three days before the parade the floats will be ‘pierced’, that is to say, covered and decorated with bulb flowers. Many hundreds of volunteers will be busy for days with the piercing or pinning of thousands of hyacinths, tulips and daffodils to the floats. This unique event can be admired at the hall of DeLeeuw Flowerbulbs in Sassenheim. More information about The Making Of the Dutch Flower Parade
Route of the Flower Parade
The parade will start in Noordwijk and end in the city Haarlem.
One of the best places to visit the event is on the Keukenhof Boulevard in Lisse. Combine your visit to Keukenhof with the Parade for the perfect day between the flowers of Holland. On Flower Parade day it’s very busy in the flower region so make sure to be on time. Follow our tips to travel to Keukenhof.Check availability of hotels nearby the Keukenhof
Other Flower Parades
In the Netherlands there are more flower parades. most parades are made with summer flowers and you can visit them when you are in Amsterdam during the summer months. In our event listing we will try to list them all.
More about the Dutch Flower Parade
- The history of the Dutch Flower Parade
- Download the promotion flyer for the Flower Parade 2018
- The Dutch Flower Parade of the Bollenstreek 2018
- More about the Dutch tulips
- Discover everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- More about the dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about Amsterdam
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)