The Amsterdam Tulip Museum shows you the special and suspenseful history of the tulip. It seems as if you are taking a walk through time and following the tulip on her adventurous voyage. The tulip industry comes to life in pictures, videos and made-up scenes that make you feel like you are part of this great adventure.
Experience the story of the Tulip
No other flower is as mysterious and exciting as the tulip. A simple, yet striking flower from the high mountains of Central Asia, the tulip first was discovered and taken home by plant hunters of the Ottoman Empire. It became a famous and beloved flower during the reign of Suleyman the Magnificent in the 16th century. From there the tulip started its journey throughout Europe and finally ended up in the hands of the Dutch who gave it her world-wide fame. The tulip is an intriguing flower which has inspired artists, designers, painters and florists. Examples of the tulip in different settings can be seen in the Amsterdam Tulip Museum.
The tulip museum is open every day from 10:00 to 18:00. The museum is only closed on King’s Day (27 April) and Christmas Day (25 December).
- Monday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To visit the Amsterdam Tulip Museum you have to buy a ticket. The I Amsterdam Card gives you free admission to the Tulip Museum.
Hotels near the Amsterdam Tulip Museum
The museum is located in the City Centre of Amsterdam. See our listing for hotels in the City Centre of Amsterdam.
Location of the Tulip Museum
The Museum is located at:
- Prinsengracht 116
- 1015 EA Amsterdam
- +31 (0)20 421 00 95
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card