Sightseeing the tulip fields in Holland is a great experience during tulip season. The best way to admire the fields is to ride along the flowers by bike. Book your bike tour with a local guide and see the most beautiful flower fields and visit a real tulip farm.
During the 2.5-hour bike ride (including a rental bike), you and your local guide cycle between 10 and 15 kilometers along the flower fields in Holland. During the tour there is enough time to take the most beautiful pictures. Your local guide knows where the most beautiful flower fields are in bloom and tells you everything about the tulips and the area.
Discover the beauty outside Keukenhof by bike
The Bollenstreek (flower region) is best known for the populair Keukenhof Gardens. But did you know that the world famous flower fields are not part of Keukenhof Gardens? The flower fields are in fact production fields and the property of tulip growers. You won’t find the most beautiful flower fields in Keukenhof, but outside of the gardens. With a guided sightseeing bike tour you get to see the most beautiful flower fields.
Tulip Bike Tour
The best way to admire the flower fields is with a bike tour. With a bike you experience the silence, hear birds sing and you can quickly stop to take that perfect photo. Because Holland is a real cycling country, the roads along the flower fields are perfect for cycling.
Tour with local guide
The flowering of the flower fields is different every day. Flowering is highly dependent on the weather, but it is also possible that tulip growers have to cut a flowering field to make the flower bulbs stronger. A local guide knows exactly where the most beautiful flower fields are for that perfect selfie. The local guide also tells more about the origins of the tulip trade in Holland and the Keukenhof area.
Timetable Bike tours
The bike tours are available every day during tulip season (21 March till 10 May 2020). You can start the bike tour at two different times. Your local guide will be waiting for you at starting point. When you book your tour you will have to choose your starting time. During tulip season the starting times are:
|Morning Tour||10:00 a.m. |
to 12:30 p.m.
|Book now »|
|Afternoon Tour||01:30 p.m. |
to 4:00 p.m.
|Book now »|
Getting to the start location
The bike tours start every day from Hotel de Engel in Lisse. This hotel is just 4 kilometers from the entrance of Keukenhof and is located near a bus stop of the Keukenhof Express bus. Are you coming by car? Then you can park for free at the hotel.
Price for the guided bike tour
The bike tour costs only € 35.00 (including rental bike) and you get the following for this:
- Guided tour (2,5 hours) along the colorful flower fields outside Keukenhof.
- Local English and Dutch speaking guide
- Includes bike and helmet
- Visit to a real tulip farm
- Hearing the history of the tulips, Keukenhof and Lisse
If you want to ride the bike tour on a specific date and time, we advise you to book the tour well in advance. There is only room for 14 participants per tour. (There are no children’s bicycles).
|Morning Bike Tour 10.00 am||€ 35.00||Book now »|
|Afternoon Bike Tour 1.30 pm||€ 35.00||Book now »|
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills