This guided bike tour allows you to discover the tulip fields the Dutch way. Your local guide will show you the most beautiful flower fields and monuments for the most beautiful pictures. The guide will also tell you more about the Keukenhof Gardens area and the cultivation of tulip bulbs. You will even visit a real tulip farm during this fun bike ride.
During the 2.5-hour bike tour (including a rental bike), you and your local guide cycle between 10 and 15 kilometers along the tulip fields in Holland. During the tour there is enough time to take the most beautiful pictures. Your local guide knows where the most beautiful flower fields are in bloom and tells you everything about the tulips and the Keukenhof area.
Coronavirus | COVID-19
All sightseeing tours are subject to the corona measures in force in the Netherlands. For more information visit our corona page.
Discover the beauty outside Keukenhof by bike
The Bollenstreek (Dutch flower region) is best known for the populair Keukenhof Gardens in spring. But did you know that the world famous tulip fields in Holland are not part of Keukenhof Gardens? The flower fields are in fact production fields and the property of tulip growers. You won’t find the most beautiful tulip fields in Keukenhof, but outside of the gardens. With a guided sightseeing bike tour you get to see the most beautiful flower fields.
Guided tulip bike tour
The use of a rental bike is included in this guided bike tour. With these comfortable rental bikes you can cycle away in no time. The roads in Holland are easy to cycle on and the landscape is flat. On the bike you enjoy the silence around you. You can also easily stop to take that great photo.
Tour with local guide
The flowering of the tulip fields is different every day. Flowering is highly dependent on the weather, but it is also possible that tulip growers have to cut a flowering field to make the flower bulbs stronger. A local guide knows exactly where the most beautiful tulip fields are for that perfect selfie. The local guide also tells more about the origins of the tulip trade in Holland and the Keukenhof area.
Timetable Bike tours
The bike tours are available every day during tulip season (20 March till 9 May 2021). You can start the bike tour at two different times. Your local guide will be waiting for you at starting point. When you book your tour you will have to choose your starting time. During tulip season the starting times are:
Price for the guided bike tour
The guided bike tour costs only € 35.00 per person and includes a comfortable rental bike.
Included with the tour:
- Guided bike tour (2,5 hours) along the colorful flower fields outside Keukenhof Gardens.
- Local English and Dutch speaking guide
- Includes rental bike and helmet
- Visit to a real tulip farm
- Hearing the history of the tulips, Keukenhof and Lisse
If you want to ride the bike tour on a specific date and time, we advise you to book the tour well in advance. There is a maximum of 14 participants per tour. (There are no children’s bicycles). Rear child seats for children from 1 to 6 years old (9 – 22 kg) possible on request after booking,
Getting to the start location
The bike tours start every day from Hotel de Engel in Lisse. This hotel is just 3 kilometers (half hour walk) from the entrance of Keukenhof. Are you coming by car? Then you can park your car for free at the hotel parking area.
Are you traveling with public transport please check the following travel information:
- Amsterdam CS: **Option 1: take the train to Sassenheim and then bus 50 direction Haarlem. **Option 2: take the train to Schiphol Airport and then Arriva Qliner direction Noordwijk.
- Schiphol Airport bus Arriva Qliner 361 direction Noordwijk.
- Haarlem take bus 50 direction Leiden CS.
- Leiden take bus 50 direction Haarlem.
- Sassenheim take bus 50 direction Haarlem.
All buses stop in front of Hotel Restaurant De Engel (Bus stop ‘De engel’)
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card