Bike Rental Amsterdam is the perfect way to discover the city of Amsterdam. You can easily cycle from one hotspot to another and it is also very fun and cheap. A bike is perfect in the city but also great for sightseeing the countryside. Read all about renting a bike in Amsterdam below.
Amsterdam: Bicycle Capital of the World
The bicycle is the number one means of transport in Amsterdam. Almost every inhabitant owns one or more bicycles. The bicycle is also very popular with visitors to Amsterdam. Cycling the city is very easy. The small streets and canals of Amsterdam are not really suitable for cars but are perfect for cyclists and pedestrians.
Advantages of renting a bike in Amsterdam?
- Cycling is a fun and cheap way of transportation
- With a bike you can quickly get around the Amsterdam
- The bike gives you the freedom to avoid big crowds.
- You no longer have to wait for a bus, tram or metro!
- Cycling is healthy and you’re in the great outdoors.
- By cycling you make Amsterdam even more sustainable
- You allocate your own time and plan your own day
Disadvantages of renting a bike in Amsterdam?
- You should be able to cycle
- Always lock your bike to prevent it from being stolen.
- It’s best to book a rental bike online in time so you have to plan it in advance.
What can you visit with a rental bike?
With a rental bike you can easily visit all the hotspots in the city that you want. The distances are small and you’re fast from one side of town to the other.
Where can you rent a bike in Amsterdam?
The largest bike rental company in Amsterdam is MacBike. At MacBike you can choose from four different rental locations throughout the city.
How much does bike rental in Amsterdam cost?
Renting a bike in Amsterdam is not only very easy, it is also a cheap way of transportation. You can rent a bike for a couple of hours, a whole day or for two days.
You can choose between a handbrake bike or a footbrake bike. The bikes are suitable from the age of 12. A rental bike is always included:
- Bike with 2 strong locks
- City map
- Rain poncho
- Insurance and helmet are not included and can be booked on site as an extra.
- You have to hand in your bike at the location where you rented it. Turning in at another location costs € 10.00 extra.
|3 hours||€ 12.50|
|1 day (24 hours)||€ 16.50|
|2 days (48 hours)||€ 31.00|
At MacBike Central Station only Handbrake bicycles are for rent. Check the availability of rental bikes at Amsterdam Central Station and book your rental bike directly online.
At MacBike Oosterdok you can rent Handbrake bikes or Footbrake bikes. Check the availability of rental bikes at Oosterdok and book your rental bike directly online.
At MacBike Vondelpark you can rent Handbrake bikes or Footbrake bikes. Check the availability of rental bikes at Vondelpark and book your rental bike directly online.
At MacBike Waterloopplein you can rent Handbrake bikes or Footbrake bikes. Check the availability of rental bikes at Waterloopplein and book your rental bike directly online.
Is a bicycle helmet compulsory in Amsterdam?
No, a helmet is not compulsory in the Netherlands while cycling. Wearing a helmet is of course not prohibited.
Tips for safe cycling in Amsterdam
Watch this funny video with tips to cycle safely in the centre of Amsterdam.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card