When you visit Amsterdam you should think about getting an Amsterdam city card or pass. As in many cities, Amsterdam has a number of options if you would like to travel with a tourist card. Below we compare the options and tell you when which Amsterdam card or pass is best for you.
All the tourist cards below will safe you a lot of money but each card has different options and validity. So it’s worth to compare them and check out which one is best for your journey to Amsterdam and Holland.
Amsterdam City Card, Amsterdam Pass, Holland Pass, Amsterdam City Pass
There are four different Amsterdam cards and passes available in the market which is quiet a lot. Each card and pass has it’s own value and rules. it’s very time consuming to compare the cards and passes and we did get a lot of questions about which pass is best for visiting Keukenhof Gardens and other flower attractions in Amsterdam and Holland.
The different types of tourist cards in Amsterdam
There are three different types of cards available in Amsterdam. All-in Cards, Pick your own and a Preset pass.
- All-in Tourist Cards: With an all inclusive Amsterdam card you will get free access to a great number of museums and attractions. Also there will be a form of transport available to travel across Amsterdam. You can buy them for 1 or more days.
- Pick your own Pass: With the pick your own pass you can choose between a large number of attractions and museums. You will not get access to all but hey how much museums can you visit in one day? The pass is valid for one month and you can choose how much museums and attractions you would like to visit.
- Preset Pass: This product give you access to the most wanted museum(s) and attractions.
Below we will highlight the tourist cards in Amsterdam.
I amsterdam City Card (all-in tourist card)
The I amsterdam City Card is the most populair City Card in Amsterdam. The card gives a lot of value with more free entrances to museums and attractions than you probably can visit. You also get unlimited rides on the GVB (public transport) buses, trams and metros for the period of time you purchased.
- Free entry to 50 museums and attractions
- Free canal cruise
- Free public transport (buses, trams and metros) in Amsterdam (no trains)
- 25% discounts on restaurants, attractions and more
- Pick-up your City Card at various locations.
Prices i amsterdam City Card
- 24 hours / 1 day – € 59,00 buy your card here
- 48 hours / 2 days – € 74,00 buy your card here
- 72 hours / 3 days – € 87,00 buy your card here
- 96 hours / 4 days – € 98,00 buy your card here
Amsterdam Pass (all-in tourist card)
The Amsterdam Pass is a great all-in card for Amsterdam if you like to visit museums and attractions. You will get free entry to more than 30 locations in and around Amsterdam. With the Amsterdam Pass you can travel across Amsterdam with the Hop on Hop off busses and boats. The Amsterdam Pass
- Free entry to 30 museums and attractions
- Free Hop on Hop Off bus and boat (cruise) tour
- 10% discounts on attractions, tours and more
- You can use the Amsterdam Pass instantly
Prices Amsterdam Pass
- 24 hours / 1 day – € 64,00 buy your card here
- 48 hours / 2 days – € 84,00 buy your card here
- 72 hours / 3 days – € 104,00 buy your card here
- 120 hours / 5 days – € 134,00 buy your card here)
Holland Pass (pick your own card)
With the Holland Pass you will not have unlimited acces to all museums and attractions but you will have to choose which museums and attractions you want to visit. The advantage of this card is that you have the largest choice of attractions. Keukenhof Gardens, for example, is an GOLD option. This makes the Holland Pass very interesting if you want to visit the tulip garden in the Spring.
The Holland Pass comes in three different options: Small, Medium and Large. Every options gives free access to a certain number of attractions.
- Choose from more than 100 museums and attractions
- Not only Amsterdam but also in other parts of Holland
- Includes an unlimited discount card
- You can use the Amsterdam Pass instantly
Prices Holland Pass
- Small – € 40,- (1 GOLD and 2 SILVER attractions) buy your pass here
- Medium – € 55,- (2 GOLD and 2 SILVER attractions) buy your pass here
- Large – € 75,- (3 GOLD and 3 SILVER attractions) buy your pass here
The Holland Pass is valid for one month after activation of the card.
Amsterdam City Pass (Preset card)
The Amsterdam City Pass is a great option for those who wish to enjoy all of Amsterdam’s highlights, without the inconvenience of booking several tickets and having to collect the card. The City Pass allows you to have everything organized before your departure, so you can get the most out of your trip! You don´t have to exchange or pick-up your City Pass on arrival.
- Free entry to Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum
- Free 1-hour Canal Cruise
- Fee Airport train transfer (return ticket)
- 20% discounts on attractions, tours and more
- You can use the Amsterdam City Pass instantly
- The Amsterdam City Pass does not include public transportation in the city, but you can easily buy the GVB Card (€ 7,50) on trams and in hotels
- Once you have made your booking, you will be provided with a discount code. With this code you can get a 20% discount on your bookings for Amsterdam’s other top museums and attractions. This discount is only available for bookings with Ticketbar.
- The museum and canal cruise tickets that are included in the City Pass are valid for 1 year
Prices Amsterdam City Pass
- Adult – € 42,50 buy your pass here
Compare the different city cards and passes
Below we compare the city cards and passes.
First we will start with the top 25 museums and attractions in Amsterdam. + means that it’s included in the tourist pass. – means it’s not included in the card. For the Holland Pass we show if a location is Gold or Silver.
|TOP 25 in Amsterdam||Value||I Amsterdam City Card||Amsterdam Pass||Holland Pass||Amsterdam City Pass|
|Van Gogh Museum||€ 18,00||+||–||2 x Silver||Choose|
|Stedelijk Museum||€ 17,50||+||+||Gold||20% discount|
|Anne Frank Huis||€ 10,00||–||–||–||–|
|Amsterdam Tulip Museum||€ 5,00||+||+||–||–|
|Heineken Experience||€ 21,00||25% discount||+||Gold||20% discount|
|Canal Cruise||€ 17,00||+||+||Silver||20% discount|
|Nemo Science Museum||€ 16,50||+||Gold||20% discount|
|This is Holland||€ 16,50||–||+||–||20% discount|
|A’DAM Lookout||€ 13,50||25% discount||+||–||20% discount|
|Public Transport GVB||€ 7,50||+||–||–|
|Airport Train Ticket||€ 14,50||–||–||–||+|
|Hermitage Amsterdam||€ 25,00||–||–||–||20% discount|
|Hop On Hop Off bus / boat||€ 26,00||–||+||Gold||20% discount|
|Artis Zoo||€ 23,00||+||10% discount||Gold||–|
|Madame Tussaud||€ 23,50||25% discount||10% discount||Gold||20% discount|
|Ripley believe it or not||€ 21,00||–||10% discount||–||–|
|The Amsterdam Dungeon||€ 23,00||25% discount||10% discount||Gold||20% discount|
|Body Worlds||€ 20,00||–||–||Silver||20% discount|
|Amsterdam IceBar||€ 21,95||25% discount||Gold||20% discount|
|Red Light Walking Tour||€ 20,00||+||20% korting|
|Johan Cruiff Arena Tour||€ 16,50||+||+||Silver||20% discount|
|Bike Rental Amsterdam||€ 8,00||25% discount||25% discount||Silver|
|House of Bols||€ 16,00||25% discount||+||Silver||20% discount|
|National Maritime Museum||€ 16,00||+||+||Silver||20% discount|
If you want to see more of Holland you can travel outside the city. In 30 minutes you will be in the countryside of Amsterdam and you can enjoy great museums and attractions like cheese farms and windmills. Of course, the flower fields are a must see in the spring. With Keukenhof Gardens as main attraction. As you can see below Keukenhof Gardens is available on the Holland Pass (Gold) and Amsterdam City Pass (20% discount).
|TOP 10 in Holland||Value||I Amsterdam City Card||Amsterdam Pass||Holland Pass||Amsterdam City Pass|
|Keukenhof Gardens||€ 18,00||–||–||Gold||20% discount|
|Zaanse Schans Card||€ 15,00||+||+||–||–|
|Volendam Marken Express||€ 11,50||+||–||Gold||–|
|Out of town tours||–||–||20% discount||20% discount|
|Madurodam||€ 16,50||–||–||Gold||20% discount|
|Zuiderzee Museum||€ 16,00||+||–||Gold||–|
|Frans Hals Museum||€ 15,00||+||–||Gold||–|
|Castle Muiderslot||€ 15,50||+||+||Gold||–|
|Dinner Train||€ 39,00||–||€ 10,00 discount||–||–|
Which City Card do you need if you want to visit Keukenhof Gardens?
Unfortunately Keukenhof is not included in the all-in tourist cards. A Holland Pass is interesting because it’s included as a Gold credit, but the Amsterdam City Pass can also offer a lot of benefit if you want to visit Keukenhof. With the discount from the Amsterdam City Pass you will not pay € 18,00 for your Keukenhof ticket but just € 14,40. Both Holland Pass and Amsterdam City Pass give 20% discount on tours to Keukenhof.
Amsterdam Tulip Museum is included in the all-in tourist cards but with an entrance fee of just € 5,00 you will save not that much money on a visit.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar