Tulips are available in many different colors and shapes. The Tulip is seen by many as the symbol of a declaration of love. This was already the case in Persia and it’s still this days. Every color tulip has a deeper meaning again.
The Tulip is the most famous flower from Holland and often used as the icon of the Netherlands. For more than 400 years the tulip has been connected to Holland. Officially, the tulip is a wild flower from Persia. In the 16th century the tulip came to the Netherlands via Turkey. The name Tulip (Tulipan) is also a derivative of the turban which was then often worn by Turkish men.
Red Tulips (love & romance)
The red tulip is the most romantic of all colors of tulips. In addition to roses, the red tulip is the most popular flower to a loved one. A red tulip symbolizes love. You often give red tulips with a romantic message.
Pink Tulips (caring & good wishes)
The pink tulip is a symbol for caring and good wishes. It’s perfect for a gift for friends or family.
White Tulips (purity, innocence, forgiveness and respect)
The white tulip is a symbol for respect. White tulips are perfect for a gift at a wedding or if you want to make something good with someone.
Purple Tulips (Royal & Rebirth)
A purple tulip is perfect if you wish someone a great new start. You will find purple tulips in bridag bouquets.
Yellow Tulips (Brightness, Sunshine and the start of spring)
The yellow tulips are a perfect gift if you wish someone some happiness. There are often given during the start of spring and during easter
Tulips are often given in a color mixed bouquet. Due to the positive meaning of the colors of the tulips, there is no wrong choice =)
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card