The Netherlands has lifted all corona/COVID19 measures. This means that life for corona/COVID19 is back to normal. Below, we have listed the situation so that you can properly prepare for your visit to the Keukenhof Gardens and the tulip fields in Holland.
Last update: 20 March 2023
Current COVID19 (corona) measures in the Netherlands
- All restaurants, attractions, museums in the Netherlands are open according to normal opening hours
- A distance of 1.5 metres is no longer required
- A mouth mask is no longer obligatory
- The corona ticket (QR code) is no longer needed to visit restaurants, attractions, museums etc.
- Most travel restrictions have been lifted
What is open in Amsterdam and The Netherlands?
Below we have made an overview where you can immediately see whether a certain branch is open or not. Please note that many locations work with a limited capacity and need to be booked in advance.
|Hotels, B&B’s & Holiday Parks||Yes|
|Restaurants & Beach Clubs||Yes|
|Amusement parks, museums & zoos||Yes|
|Shopping malls & markets||Yes|
|Day trip to the beach||Yes|
|Cycling routes & walking routes||Yes|
Traveling with public transport
It is again possible to use public transport for travel for recreational purposes. However, a mouth mask must be worn on public transport. It is wise to buy your public transport tickets in advance. There are also various travel cards that allow you to use public transport in Amsterdam (and the surrounding area) for a certain period of time.
- Check out our tips for easy and cheap travel in and around Amsterdam
Impact on tulip season 2023
Tulip season starts on Thursday, March 23 and lasts until Sunday, May 14, 2023. In 2023, we will celebrate the beginning of spring in abundance again. The flower attractions do work with day ticket and time slots. This is mainly to manage crowds properly. This does make it important to book your tickets on time. Last season, tickets were sold out on several days!
|Keukenhof Tulip Gardens||Book now|
|Keukenhof bus from different train stations||Choose your bus|
|De Tulperij guided tour||Book now|
|Tulip Experience Amsterdam||Book now|
|The Tulip Barn||Book now|
|Helicopter tour||Book now|
|Flower Parade Bollenstreek||The Flower Parade will run on Saturday 22 April 2023.|
Frequently asked questions – FAQ COVID19 / Corona
There are still travel restrictions between countries in the world. Because of this, it may be impossible to travel from your destination to the Netherlands or only with a negative COVID-19 test. The situation regarding travel restrictions between countries is changing rapidly. Check the Dutch government’s website for the latest information on travel restrictions.
No, there is no need to wear a mouth mask. Only in public transport and at airports is it still compulsory.
Yes, restaurants and beach pavilions in the Netherlands are open.
Yes, hotels, holiday parks and campsites in the Netherlands are open.
Yes, museums, amusement parks and zoos are open.
Yes, shopping centres are open.
Yes, public transport runs. However, in the Netherlands it is compulsory to wear a mouth mask in public transport. For current departure and arrival times check 9292.nl
More information on COVID19 / corona
Please note: When making travel plans, take into account the national measures of the country in which you live. The situation surrounding the corona virus can change quickly.
Visit the official website of the Dutch government for an up-to-date overview of travel restrictions to the Netherlands.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket