The Netherlands has lifted most of the corona / COVID19 measures. This means that life before corona / COVID19 is coming back. Below, we have listed the situation so you can prepare well for your visit to Keukenhof Gardens, Floriade Expo and the tulip fields in Holland.
The Tulip Festival will start again on 23 March 2023. Visiting Amsterdam before then? Then check out our tips below.
- See our list of flower attractions that are still open, including the decennial world fair Floriade Expo 2022.
- Check out the Dahlia Festival from 13 august till 16 October 2022 with lots of summer flower gardens.
- Book your summer flower tour from Amsterdam from 13 August till 16 October 2022
- Do you want tulips in your garden in spring 2023? Order the fresh harvest of Dutch tulip bulbs here.
- Visiting Amsterdam? Check out the I Amsterdam Card with lots of free museums, attractions and public transport. Or check out Amsterdam Ticket & Tours
Last update: 15 January 2022 | The following measures will apply from 25 February 2022
Current COVID19 (corona) measures in the Netherlands
- All restaurants, attractions, museums in the Netherlands are open according to normal opening hours
- A distance of 1.5 metres is no longer required
- A mouth mask is no longer obligatory
- The corona ticket (QR code) is no longer needed to visit restaurants, attractions, museums etc.
- Most travel restrictions have been lifted
What is open in Amsterdam and The Netherlands?
Below we have made an overview where you can immediately see whether a certain branch is open or not. Please note that many locations work with a limited capacity and need to be booked in advance.
|Hotels, B&B’s & Holiday Parks||Yes|
|Restaurants & Beach Clubs||Yes|
|Amusement parks, museums & zoos||Yes|
|Shopping malls & markets||Yes|
|Day trip to the beach||Yes|
|Cycling routes & walking routes||Yes|
Traveling with public transport
It is again possible to use public transport for travel for recreational purposes. However, a mouth mask must be worn on public transport. It is wise to buy your public transport tickets in advance. There are also various travel cards that allow you to use public transport in Amsterdam (and the surrounding area) for a certain period of time.
- Check out our tips for easy and cheap travel in and around Amsterdam
Impact on tulip season 2023
The tulip season starts on Thursday 23 March and lasts until Sunday 14 May 2023. In 2023, we expect to be able to celebrate the beginning of spring abundantly again. Of course, the exact measures during the tulip season are not yet known. What we do know is that various attractions and events will be working again with a limited daily capacity and time slots. If you would like to visit one of the following attractions during the spring, it would be wise to make your reservations in time.
|Keukenhof Tulip Gardens||Book now|
|Keukenhof bus from different train stations||Choose your bus|
|De Tulperij guided tour||Book now|
|Tulip Experience Amsterdam||Book now|
|The Tulip Barn||Not available yet|
|Helicopter tour||Book now|
|Flower Parade Bollenstreek||We are assuming that the Flower Parade will be able to run on Saturday 22 April 2023.|
Frequently asked questions – FAQ COVID19 / Corona
There are still travel restrictions between countries in the world. Because of this, it may be impossible to travel from your destination to the Netherlands or only with a negative COVID-19 test. The situation regarding travel restrictions between countries is changing rapidly. Check the Dutch government’s website for the latest information on travel restrictions.
No, there is no need to wear a mouth mask. Only in public transport and at airports is it still compulsory.
Yes, restaurants and beach pavilions in the Netherlands are open.
Yes, hotels, holiday parks and campsites in the Netherlands are open.
Yes, museums, amusement parks and zoos are open.
Yes, shopping centres are open.
Yes, public transport runs. However, in the Netherlands it is compulsory to wear a mouth mask in public transport. For current departure and arrival times check 9292.nl
More information on COVID19 / corona
Please note: When making travel plans, take into account the national measures of the country in which you live. The situation surrounding the corona virus can change quickly.
Visit the official website of the Dutch government for an up-to-date overview of travel restrictions to the Netherlands.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket