Due to the global corona pandemic, the Tulip Festival Amsterdam in 2021 could unfortunately not be fully celebrated. Fortunately, thanks to vaccinations against COVID-19, more and more people are now able to travel and take part in fun activities. On this page, we list the activities that are available in Amsterdam and the surrounding area. We also give an outlook for Tulip Festival Amsterdam 2022.
Last update: 15 July 2021
Corona measures in Holland
The Dutch authorities have drawn up a number of general measures to control the coronavirus. When visiting Holland, it is important to adhere to the following basic rules:
- Do you have any complaints? Then stay at home and get tested
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres and avoid crowded areas
- All activities have a limited capacity so that everyone can adhere to the 1.5-distance rule.
- Online reservation at attractions and activities is required
- Wash your hands often or use disinfectant
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow
- Wear a mouth shield in all public indoor spaces and public transport
Opened attractions and conditions
From 26 June 2021, the measures will be less stringent in Holland. Due to the rapid vaccination of the Dutch population, it is again possible to visit attractions, museums and restaurants. For all activities, advance booking is required.
- Check our list of Amsterdam attractions and activities to see which is open.
Traveling with public transport
It is again possible to use public transport for travel for recreational purposes. However, a mouth mask must be worn on public transport. It is wise to buy your public transport tickets in advance. There are also various travel cards that allow you to use public transport in Amsterdam (and the surrounding area) for a certain period of time.
- Check out our tips for easy and cheap travel in and around Amsterdam
Hotels, restaurants and shops
Hotels, restaurants and shops are important for a nice day out or a wonderful holiday. Below we have briefly described the current situation per category.
|Measures||From 26 June 2021|
|Hotels||Open, some facilities can be closed or limited|
|Restaurants||Open, indoor and outdoor|
|Shops||Shops are open again|
Please note: When making travel plans, take into account the national measures of the country in which you live. The situation surrounding the corona virus can change quickly.
Visit the official website of the Dutch government for an up-to-date overview of travel restrictions to the Netherlands.
Tulip Festival Amsterdam 2022
After almost 3 years we expect to be able to celebrate the Tulip Festival Amsterdam again in 2022 with visitors from all over the world. The exact conditions are of course not yet known but the prospects are finally good.
However, we do expect popular attractions such as Keukenhof Gardens to start using day tickets again in 2022, where you buy a ticket in advance for a specific day and arrival time. We expect tickets for 2022 to be available from November 2021. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date.
In and around Lisse there are several nice flower attractions that are definitely worth a visit. These flower attractions are on a smaller scale than Keukenhof. These attractions have also taken measures to ensure a safe visit.
- Maximum number of visitors per day and time slot
- It is obligatory to make a reservation in advance.
- The attractions are equipped for the 1.5 meter directive
- There are extra hygiene measures at the attractions.
|Tulip Farm De Tulperij|
|Tulip Experience Amsterdam|
|Museum De Zwarte Tulp|
|FloriWorld in Aalsmeer|
Flower parade Amsterdam 2022
After almost 3 years, we expect to be able to celebrate another exuberant Flower Parade Amsterdam in 2022. In 2022, the Flower Parade will be held for the 75th time. This will be celebrated in a big way. The parade week in 2022 will start on Wednesday 20 April and end on Sunday 24 April. The big parade will be on Saturday 23 April 2022. The theme of freedom has taken on extra significance due to the long period of restrictions because of the corona pandemic.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card