It’s already March and we had some great spring weather in February here in Holland. With rising temperatures, lot’s of sunshine and blue skies it already feels like spring. Fortunately, the nights were still on the cold side so the blooming of the spring flowers was still somewhat inhibited.
The first flower fields have started to bloom and give the first (yellow) color to the Bollenstreek region. This mainly concerns daffodils and crocus fields. It looks good for the flowering of the flowers.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
The weather forecast predicts more rain for the coming days and temperatures also going down slightly.
Flower Forecast 2019
The last two weeks of February the weather in Holland was much better than normal. The temperature was good and the sun showed itself well. As a result the first flower fields have already started to bloom which is about 2 weeks earlier. The tulip fields are slowly turning more green.
For the time being, we still expect the flower fields to grow a bit earlier (around 1 week for the tulip fields). Check out the average growth of the flowers. But the weather in Holland can still surprise us. We keep a close eye on the weather predictions for the coming weeks. From now on we will start with our weekly newsletter and we will update our Flower Map every week.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May.
Flower Map 2019
From 7 March till Mid May we will update the Flower Map weekly.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar