It is currently February 11 and the flower fields are looking beautiful. Tens of millions of bulbs have been planted in Keukenhof Gardens and on the flower fields. It has been a mild winter so far and we can see that in the fields. The first early flowers are already slowly turning green. Fortunately, the prospects for 2022 are also improving. The COVID19 measures are being phased out and we are looking forward to a blooming spring. We are ready for tulip season 2022!
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The flower fields are getting ready for spring. Slowly but surely, more and more green is appearing on the fields and the first early daffodils are already showing some colour.
Weather forecast Holland
The winter in Holland has been very mild so far. The weather forecast for the next 14 days also remains mild.
Flower Forecast 2022*
Due to the warm winter weather, the flower fields are probably about 1 week earlier than average. This means that there are already many blooming flowers to admire at the opening of the tulip season on 24 March.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and end of March
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the beginning of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from Mid March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the end of March. Peak blooming will be around Mid-April till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Flower Map 2022
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2022 we will update the Flower Map weekly.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (24 March) to the closure (15 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips can be admired much longer in Keukenhof than on the flower fields around the park.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2024
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2024, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
Prices for 2024 are not yet known. The prices below are from the 2023 season.
|Adult (18+)||€ 19.50||Buy tickets|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Day ticket parking||€ 6.00|
|Tulip Festival Card|
(Keukenhof + transport from Amsterdam, Amsterdam Airport & Haarlem)
|€ 51.00||Buy tickets|
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket