Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
- This event has passed.
Openings Weekend Keukenhof Gardens 2021
March 24 @ 8:00 am – March 27 @ 7:30 pm
Keukenhof Tulip Garden is opening on 24 March 2021 and will be open until 15 May 2022. During the opening the park will be the best place to admire the beautiful flowers of Holland.
Unfortunately, Keukenhof Gardens was not allowed to open due to the corona virus in 2020 and 2021. On Thursday 24 March 2022, Keukenhof will open its doors to visitors again after almost 3 years. During the first opening weekend of Keukenhof 2022 it’s time to celebrate the start of spring. Enjoy all the flowers in the indoor and outdoor gardens.
Flowering on opening weekend
Keukenhof Gardens is the place to admire flowers in the Netherlands from the first day of opening. Although most tulip fields are not yet in full bloom at the end of March, the first flower fields can be admired. Depending on the weather, the early tulips will also bloom. In the flower park it is mainly the early bloomers who are in bloom. Those are crocuses, daffodils and the early tulips. Please note that the flowering of the spring flowers depends on the weather conditions. Follow our flower forecasts to stay informed about the flowering of the flowers.
Indoor flower shows
In addition to the beautiful flower gardens, Keukenhof also has a number of indoor flower shows. During the opening weekend, the following flower shows can be visited:
|Type of flowers||Location at Keukenhof|
|Tulip and Hyacinth show||Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|Potted Bulb show (tulips and more)||Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|Amaryllis show||Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|Anthurium show||Beatrix Pavilion|
|Orchid show||Beatrix Pavilion|
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2022
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2022, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
|Adult (18+)||€ 19.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Day ticket parking||€ 6.00|
|Keukenhof cruise along the tulips||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Park guide book||€ 5.00||Buy tickets|
|Tulip Festival Card||€ 41.00||Buy tickets|
Hotel during opening weekend
The first weekend of Keukenhof is usually quieter than the month of April. This allows you to enjoy the many flowers in the park in a more relaxed way. Another advantage of March is that hotels are often (much) cheaper than in April. Take a look below for the current availability and prices of hotels near Keukenhof.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket