National Tulip Day in the centre of Amsterdam
January 18 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Yes, it is the third Saturday in January! Time for Tulip Day! The start of the tulip season! Come pick your own free tulips in the centre of Amsterdam.
It’s the third Saturday in January: National Tulip Day
If you are in Amsterdam on the third Saturday in January you are very lucky. Normally there are no blooming tulips to enjoy in January but on the third Saturday of January it’s National Tulip Day in Amsterdam! With this unique event the Dutch are celebrating the start of the tulip season. From that day the tulip flowers will be promoted at the flower shops.
Visitors are allowed to pick tulips for free in a specially designed tulip pick-up garden. There will be around 200.000 tulips in the free pick-up garden.
Photo’s with tulips in January
The pick-up garden is perfect to collect some beautiful tulips for you hotelroom but you also can take great pictures with blooming tulips.
Tulip Day in figures
- In 2020 its the 9th year that National Tulip Day will be held
- In 2019 there where 17.000 visitors enjoying and picking the blooming tulips
- More than 100 nationalities did visit the pick-up garden in 2019
- 30 national and international tv and radio stations talked about Tulip Day in 2019
Tulips in January?
The tulips that you can pick-up at the tulip garden are grown indoors. In big greenhouses farmers are growing tulips from November / December.
Hotels in Amsterdam
Do you want to stay in the centre of Amsterdam during Tulip Day. Please check the availability of hotels.
Video of this great event in 2019
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills