Every spring millions of visitors from all over the world come to Holland to admire the blooming tulip fields. We are regularly asked which hotel is suitable for an optimal visit to the flower fields. In this blog we will look into selecting a suitable hotel for a visit to Holland in the spring.
Hotel in Holland or a Hotel in Amsterdam?
Holland is a small country and the distances between the cities are very small. The capital Amsterdam has just over 800,000 inhabitants and is therefore a small metropolis. Most visitors automatically book a hotel in Amsterdam, but it is important to know where you stay overnight because it can influence your options for viewing Holland.
Hotel in Amsterdam Center during spring
The center of Amsterdam is very populair with international travelers. A hotel in the center of Amsterdam is great for a short city trip. There are hotels for all budgets but on average the prices for hotels in the center of Amsterdam are considerably higher than just outside the city center. If you book a hotel in the center of Amsterdam, we advise you not to take a rental car and travel by public transport, taxis and possibly organized tours. In the center of Amsterdam you can not drive anywhere and the parking is very expensive.
Our top selection of hotels in the center of Amsterdam
There are many hundreds of hotels in the center of Amsterdam. It is therefore often difficult to make your choice. Below you can see our favorite hotels in the center.
Hotel in the expensive price range
- Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky (NH Collection) – One of the best hotels in Amsterdam is the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. This five star hotel is located right in the center of Amsterdam. From the hotel you can explore the entire city center on foot. The hotel has various room types including family rooms. The hotel is our favorite in the more expensive price range. Check it our here
5 star hotels in the center of Amsterdam:
- Amstel Hotel Amsterdam – popular with celebrities check it out here
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam – monumental canal houses from the 17th century check it out here
- Pulitzer Amsterdam – recently restored hotel check it out here
- Art’otel Amsterdam – With unique art in your room check it out here
- Hotel W Amsterdam – With swimming pool on the roof check it out here
- Hyatt Regency Amsterdam – Great luxury hotel check it our here
Hotel in Amsterdam for budget price range
- The Flying Pig Downtown – The atmosphere at The Flying Pig Downtown in Amsterdam is great. It is a real backpacker’s hostel right in the center. Get ready to discover Amsterdam and make new friends check it our here
Budget hotels in the center of Amsterdam:
- BackStage Hotel – For lovers of music check it out here
- Boutique Hotel View – an authentic mansion with a view of the canals check it out here
- Hotel The Bird – perfect location near Rembrandtplein check it out here
- Budget Hotel Tourist Inn – private rooms and dormitories check it out here
Hotels for discovering the flower fields
If you want to party all night you should get a hotel in the center of Amsterdam. But when you would like to fully enjoy the beauty of the flower fields in Holland during spring? You could also book a hotel near the flower fields. A visit to Amsterdam is just a 30 minutes drive so you will get all the fun.
Hotel near Keukenhof and the flower fields
The flower fields are located near the beautiful beaches of Holland. So our favorite hotel is located at the beach but within biking distance of the flower fields.
- Hotel Van Oranje, Autograph Collection – This hotel is located at the beach of Noordwijk. Less than 50 kilometers from the center of Amsterdam. From the hotel you can cycle to the flower fields and Keukenhof. The hotel also has a nice indoor pool with wave pool. check it out here
- Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin – Enjoy all the luxury in this 5 star hotel check it out here »
- Hotel de Nachtegaal – Located at the front entrance of Keukenhof check it out here »
- Hotel de Lis – Located in the flower village Lisse (near Keukenhof) check it out here »
- Van der Valk Sassenheim – Great for traveling Holland by car check it out here »
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills