Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
Holland Heritage weekend at Keukenhof
March 31 @ 8:00 am – April 2 @ 7:30 pm
During the Holland Heritage weekend at Keukenhof Gardens you will experience 19th century Holland. At various locations in Keukenhof you will find traditional music, old Dutch crafts, costumes and folkloric dance groups. During this special weekend you can enjoy Dutch icons such as tulips, cheese and clogs at their best.
Flowering during this weekend
\The first weekend of April is normally the time when the early tulips begin to bloom. Depending on the weather, the early tulips will also bloom in the tulip fields. In the flower park, especially the early bloomers are in bloom. These are crocuses, daffodils and the early tulips. Keep in mind that the flowering of spring flowers depends on weather conditions. Follow our flower forecasts to keep up to date with the flowering of the flowers.
Indoor flower shows
In addition to the beautiful flower gardens, Keukenhof also has a number of indoor flower shows. During the opening weekend, the following flower shows can be visited:
|Type of flowers||Location at Keukenhof|
|Tulip and Hyacinth show||Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|Potted Bulb show (tulips and more)||Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|Amaryllis show||Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|Anthurium show||Beatrix Pavilion|
|Orchid show||Beatrix Pavilion|
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2023
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2023, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
|Adult (18+)||€ 19.50||Buy tickets|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Day ticket parking||€ 6.00|
|Keukenhof cruise along the tulips||€ 10.00||Buy tickets|
|Park guide book||€ 5.00||Buy tickets|
|Tulip Festival Card|
(Keukenhof + transport from Amsterdam, Amsterdam Airport & Haarlem)
|€ 51.00||Buy tickets|
Hotel during this weekend
The second weekend of Keukenhof is usually quieter than later in April. This allows you to enjoy the park’s many flowers more leisurely. Another advantage of early April is that hotels are often (much) cheaper than later in the season. Check below for current availability and prices of hotels near Keukenhof.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket