The world famous flower fields near Amsterdam are a must visit if you are in Holland during spring. The beautiful colors and smells give you the real spring feeling. In this article we will show the best ways of experiencing these amazing flower field in the Netherlands.
One of the most popular ways to visit the flower fields is to make a cycling route with a rental bike from Keukenhof. But there are even more possibilities to discover the colorful flower fields. Below we have collected some unique possibilities. How are you going to view the flower fields?
Classic Bike (Solex) Flower Tour
The Solex classic scooter stands for nostalgia. The popular means of transport of decades ago now serves the nicest recreational tours. With the maximum speed of 25 km per hour, the Solex is ideal to enjoy the flower fields around Keukenhof and because the Solex is a moped, you do not have to wear a helmet. You can choose to join a tour with a guide or explore the flower fields by your own.
TukTuk Flower Tour
With this unique TukTuk Tour you get an exclusive private tour along the flower fields around Keukenhof. Your local guide is also your driver and brings you to the most beautiful and unique places nearby Keukenhof. Every day there are two times for you to start your TukTuk Flower Tour.
The TukTuk tour can be booked every day in the Keukenhof season. In 2019 this is from 21 March 2019 until 19 May 2019. The Tour leaves at 10:00 and 17:00.
Renault Twizy GPS Flower Tour
Experience the enchanting and iconic tulip fields at their purest! Enjoy a trip through the famous FlowerBulb region with the Tulip Tour. Take in the colors and the smells, and stop as often as you want for a selfie among the tulip and flower fields.In an electric 2-person Renault Twizy, with GPS navigation and audio guide, you can explore one of the most beautiful and colorful regions of the Netherlands at your own pace.
Helicopter Flower Tour
The flower fields are great from the ground but from the helicopter you get a completely different view of the flower region. The helicopter flies only on the Saturdays in April and the number of places is limited.
The helicopter will fly in 2019 on all Saturdays in April. Below are the days that the scenic flights can be booked.
- April 6, 2019
- April 13, 2019 (flower parade day)
- April 20, 2019 (Easter weekend)
- April 21, 2019 (Easter Weekend)
- April 27 2019 (King’s Day)
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar