It’s spring! Keukenhof Gardens in Holland has opened its doors today at 8:00 AM and the flowers are beautiful because of the nice weather.
The flower park has never been so beautiful with the opening. The many colored flowers immediately bring you that wonderful spring feeling.
And not only the park flourishes. The flower fields are also beautiful. The daffodils, hyacinths and even some early tulips bring color to the fields. In short, it’s spring!
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
As we indicated above, there is already a lot of color on the flower fields in Holland. The daffodils, crocuses and hyacinths color the Bollenstreek yellow, purple, pink and blue. We have also seen the first early red tulip fields near Keukenhof.
Weather Forecast Holland
The weather forecast indicates that nice spring weather can be expected in the coming days. The temperature is pleasant and the sun shows itself regularly. This pleasant weather is ideal for a cycle route through the flower fields.
Flower Forecast 2019*
The blooming of the flower fields is about 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently there are some blooming fields till the end of March
- Daffoldils – Currently there are some blooming fields till mid April
- Hyacints – The first hyacint flower fields are starting to bloom. In the coming week we expect to see more hyacint fields in bloom.
- Tulips – The first early tulip field is blooming near Keukenhof. Most of the tulip fields are still waiting and we expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (19 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof
All photos below are made on 19 March 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2019
|Keukenhof Skip the line ticket > 12 year||€ 18,00||Buy tickets|
|Kids ticket 4-11 years||€ 8.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids up to 3 years||Free|
|Parking ticket Day pass||€ 6,00||Buy tickets|
|Bus (return ticket) + Keukenhof Skip the line||€ 25,00||Buy tickets|
|Rental Bike at Keukenhof||€ 15,00||Buy tickets|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour from Amsterdam |
including a visit to a real tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May. Our new update will be live on March 28.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar