Heavy rain and storms made it look like autumn the last week, but the weather forecast is looking good for the coming week. The flowers love the rain and are ready to bloom more and more. It’s only one week before the Keukenhof Gardenswill open the gates and we are getting a lot of questions about the status of the flower fields and the flowering in Keukenhof.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
The heavy rain is not fun for people but the flowers love the water. Most of the flower fields are still green but more and more colors are showing up in the Bollenstreek. We have even seen an early tulip fields in bloom near Keukenhof. Below you will see some flower fields around Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam. This photo’s where taken on March 14th 2019.
Weather Forecast Holland
The weather forecast predicts more sun and higher temperatures for the coming week. This is very good for the flowers but is also very nice if you are going to visit Keukenhof in the coming days. Make sure to reserve a rental bike at Keukenhof. With sunny weather waiting times can take up to 2 hours for a rental bike.
Flower Forecast 2019*
The blooming of the flower fields is about 1 or 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently there are some blooming fields till the end of March
- Daffoldils – Currently there are some blooming fields till mid April
- Hyacints – The first hyacint flower fields are starting to bloom. In the coming week we expect to see more hyacint fields in bloom.
- Tulips – The first early tulip field is blooming near Keukenhof. Most of the tulip fields are still waiting and we expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (19 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof
From next week we will also give you a weekly update of the blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens. Make sure to follow our social channels for live updates from the Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2022
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. Ticket prices for 2022 season are not final yet.
|Adult (from 18 years)||€ 19.00||Book now|
|Kids (4-17 years)||€ 9.00||Book now|
|Kids (0-3 years)||Free||Book now|
|Parking ticket||€ 6.00||Book now|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May. Our new update will be live on March 21. yes that’s the opening day of the Gardens!
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card