After the beautiful spring days in February, March has started wet. The temperature was slightly above the normal temperature for this time of the year. The entire Bollenstreek (Flower region) is getting ready for the opening of Keukenhof Gardens in two weeks.
Hotels are preparing themself for the many visitors and the timetables for the different Keukenhof bus lines have been finalized. In short, we are ready for Spring 2019!
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Below you will see some flower fields around Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam. This photo’s where taken on March 7th 2019.
Weather Forecast Holland
The weather forecast predicts more rain for the coming days and temperatures around normal.
Flower Forecast 2019*
The blooming of the flower fields is about 1 to 2 weeks earlier then average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently there are some blooming fields till the end of March
- Daffoldils – Currently there are some blooming fields till mid April
- Hyacints – We hope to see the first blooming Hyacint flowers around Keukenhof opening on March 21 till mid april
- Tulips – We hope to see the early tulips from the beginning of April till the beginning of May
So for the time being, we still expect the flower fields to grow a bit earlier (around 1 or 2 weeks for the tulip fields). Check out the average growth of the flowers. But the weather in Holland can still surprise us. We keep a close eye on the weather predictions for the coming weeks.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (19 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips can be admired much longer in Keukenhof than on the flower fields around the park.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2024
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2024, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
|Keukenhof 2024 tickets||Price|
|Adult (18+)||€ 20.00||Book now|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Book now|
|Day ticket parking||€ 10.00|
|Keukenhof ticket |
+ shuttle bus from and to Amsterdam
|€ 42.50||Book now|
|Tulip Festival Card|
+ 1, 2 or 3 days travel in Amsterdam & region
|€ 53.00||Book now|
|Keukenhof bike rental||€ 11.00||Book now|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May. Our new update will be live on March 14.
Flower Map 2019
From 7 March till Mid May we will update the Flower Map weekly.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card