After the beautiful spring days in February, March has started wet. The temperature was slightly above the normal temperature for this time of the year. The entire Bollenstreek (Flower region) is getting ready for the opening of Keukenhof Gardens in two weeks.
Hotels are preparing themself for the many visitors and the timetables for the different Keukenhof bus lines have been finalized. In short, we are ready for Spring 2019!
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Below you will see some flower fields around Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam. This photo’s where taken on March 7th 2019.
Weather Forecast Holland
The weather forecast predicts more rain for the coming days and temperatures around normal.
Flower Forecast 2019*
The blooming of the flower fields is about 1 to 2 weeks earlier then average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently there are some blooming fields till the end of March
- Daffoldils – Currently there are some blooming fields till mid April
- Hyacints – We hope to see the first blooming Hyacint flowers around Keukenhof opening on March 21 till mid april
- Tulips – We hope to see the early tulips from the beginning of April till the beginning of May
So for the time being, we still expect the flower fields to grow a bit earlier (around 1 or 2 weeks for the tulip fields). Check out the average growth of the flowers. But the weather in Holland can still surprise us. We keep a close eye on the weather predictions for the coming weeks.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (19 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips can be admired much longer in Keukenhof than on the flower fields around the park.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2019
The prices for the 2020 season are not yet known. Subscribe to our free newsletter and you will be the first to know when the tickets for 2020 are available.
|Keukenhof Skip the line ticket > 12 year||€ 18,00||Buy tickets|
|Kids ticket 4-11 years||€ 8.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids up to 3 years||Free|
|Parking ticket Day pass||€ 6,00||Buy tickets|
|Bus (return ticket) + Keukenhof Skip the line||€ 25,00||Buy tickets|
|Rental Bike at Keukenhof||€ 10,00||Buy tickets|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour from Amsterdam |
including a visit to a real tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May. Our new update will be live on March 14.
Flower Map 2019
From 7 March till Mid May we will update the Flower Map weekly.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar