We start this forecast with a tip. If you are in Holland this weekend, pay attention. In Holland we will switch to summer time this weekend. This means that in the night from Saturday (30 March) to Sunday (31 March), the clock advances one hour at 2.00 am to 3.00 am.
A week after Keukenhof Gardens has opened its doors, we can already conclude that spring has started well. More and more flowers in the flower park and in the flower fields are in bloom and many people enjoy the beautiful colors. In this forecast we will show you the current state of the flowers and give you some predictions for the coming weeks.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Last week was less warm and sunny than predicted. This is good for the flowers that won’t grow too fast. Almost all the daffodils, hyacinths, crocuses and early tulips are colored. Most tulips are ready to bloom, but we still have to wait a bit for peak blooming. We can say it is already beautiful along the flower fields and in the flower park.
Weather Forecast Holland
The weather forecast indicates that nice spring weather can be expected in the coming days. The temperature is pleasant and the sun shows itself regularly. This pleasant weather is ideal for a cycle route through the flower fields and its perfect for the blooming of the flowers. The flowers will grow but not too fast.
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because last week was less warm and sunny we think the blooming of the flower fields is about 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently there are some blooming fields till beginning of April
- Daffoldils – A lot of Daffoldils fields are blooming right now till mid April
- Hyacints – The first hyacint flower fields are starting to bloom. In the coming week we expect to see more hyacint fields in bloom.
- Tulips – The first early tulip field is blooming near Keukenhof. Most of the tulip fields are still waiting and we expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (19 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the Crocuses, Daffoldils, Hyacints and early Tulips are blooming in the park.
All photos below are made on 27 March 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2021
Keukenhof Gardens will work with a maximum number of visitors per day in 2021. When booking your tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. Individual tickets will go on sale in November 2020.
Skip the line Adult ticket
|€ 19.00||Buy tickets »|
|Kids ticket |
|€ 9.00||Buy tickets »|
(up to 3 years)
|Parking ticket||€ 6.00||Buy tickets »|
|Bus (return ticket) |
+ Keukenhof Skip the line
|€ 29.50||Buy tickets »|
|Rental Bike||€ 19.50||Buy tickets »|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour |
+ visit to a tulip farm
|€ 69.00||Buy tickets »|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May. Our new update will be live on April 4.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card