Spring is showing itself more and more in Holland. Yet the temperature is often still a bit on the low side. But the sun makes up for a lot. The flowers are having a good time and are getting more and more colorful. Next Saturday (13 April) its time for the Dutch Flower Parade.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Last week we had nice but cold weather some days there was rain. It was perfect weather for the flowers. Some of the daffodils and crocuses are already done blooming but most of the flowers still has to reach peak blooming and the late tulips still has to start blooming.
The first fields of Hyacinths are being headed because this flowers are used to decorate the Flower Parade on 13 April. We can say it is still very beautiful along the flower fields and in Keukenhof Gardens.
Weather Forecast Holland
The weather forecast indicates that nice spring weather can be expected in the coming days. The temperature is pleasant and the sun shows itself regularly. This pleasant weather is ideal for a cycle routethrough the flower fields and its perfect for the blooming of the flowers. The flowers will grow but not too fast.
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because last week was less warm and sunny we think the blooming of the flower fields is about 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – The first Daffoldils fields are done blooming but the most are in peak blooming till Mid April
- Hyacints – A lot of Hyacint flower fields are in bloom. In the coming week we expect to see more hyacint fields in bloom but some of the blooming hyacint fields are being cut because the Hyacints are used for creating the Flower Parade.
- Tulips – More and more tulip fields are starting to bloom. We expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May. Peak blooming will be around Mid April till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closure (19 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the Crocuses, Daffoldils, Hyacints and early Tulips are blooming in the park.
All photos below are made on 1 April 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2019
The prices for the 2020 season are not yet known. Subscribe to our free newsletter and you will be the first to know when the tickets for 2020 are available.
|Keukenhof Skip the line ticket > 12 year||€ 18,00||Buy tickets|
|Kids ticket 4-11 years||€ 8.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids up to 3 years||Free|
|Parking ticket Day pass||€ 6,00||Buy tickets|
|Bus (return ticket) + Keukenhof Skip the line||€ 25,00||Buy tickets|
|Rental Bike at Keukenhof||€ 10,00||Buy tickets|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour from Amsterdam |
including a visit to a real tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter for free. This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to May. Our new update will be live on April 11.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar