Spring season is still in full swing in Holland and Saturday 13 April it is time for the Flower parade. The flower fields and Keukenhof are beautifully in bloom and the temperature is somewhat lower in recent days to keep the flowers beautiful.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
The sun has shown itself a lot the past week and we see that reflected in the colors on the flower fields in Holland and in Keukenhof Gardens. The tulips begin to bloom and the hyacinths smell wonderful. All photos below where taken 9 April 2019 near Keukenhof Gardens.
Weather Forecast Holland
Lovely weather is forecast in the coming days. The first days still a bit cold but with sun. So nice weather to take photos. Cold but sunny weather is also predicted for the flower parade. For next week the temperature will rise again.
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because of the sun in combination with colder temperatures the flower fields are still about 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – The first Daffoldils fields are done blooming but because of the cold a lot of flowers are still in bloom till next week
- Hyacints – A lot of Hyacint flower fields are in bloom. In the coming week we expect to see more hyacint fields in bloom but some of the blooming hyacint fields are being cut because the Hyacints are used for creating the Flower Parade.
- Tulips – More and more tulip fields are starting to bloom. We expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May. Peak blooming will be around easter weekend till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closing day (19 May) of Keukenhof. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the Daffoldils, Hyacints and Tulips are blooming in the park.
All photos below are made on 9 April 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2019
|Keukenhof Skip the line ticket > 12 year||€ 18,00||Buy tickets|
|Kids ticket 4-11 years||€ 8.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids up to 3 years||Free|
|Parking ticket Day pass||€ 6,00||Buy tickets|
|Bus (return ticket) + Keukenhof Skip the line||€ 25,00||Buy tickets|
|Rental Bike at Keukenhof||€ 10,00||Buy tickets|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour from Amsterdam |
including a visit to a real tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter . This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to Mid May. Our new update will be live on April 18.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar