We are already half way of the Spring season in Holland and it has been a great season with lots of beautiful flowers blooming from the start. Last weekend was very cold. There was even some wet snow last weekend. But now it’s time for the tulips to bloom at their best. In combination with nice spring weather it’s coming to be very beautiful for the coming weeks.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Last weekend was cold which is a good thing for the flowers. The cold has stoped the blooming proces for a week which is good because the blooming was 1/2 weeks ahead of normal blooming.
The Bollenstreek area is beautiful with lots of flower fields blooming in different colors. You will find Daffodil, Hyacint and of course lots of tulip fields near Keukenhof. All photos below where taken 17 April 2019 near Keukenhof Gardens during the Keukenhof bike route 4 (purple)
Weather Forecast Holland
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because of the sun in combination with higher temperatures the flower fields are about 1 week earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – The first Daffoldils fields are done blooming but because of the cold a lot of flowers are still in bloom till the end of April
- Hyacints – A lot of Hyacint flower fields are in bloom. All Hyacint flower fields are in bloom. We expect them to bloom until the end of April.
- Tulips – More and more tulip fields are starting to bloom. We expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May. Peak blooming will be next easter weekend till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closing day (19 May) of Keukenhof. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the Daffoldils, Hyacints and Tulips are blooming in the park.
All photos below are made on 16 April 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2019
|Keukenhof Skip the line ticket > 12 year||€ 18,00||Buy tickets|
|Kids ticket 4-11 years||€ 8.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids up to 3 years||Free|
|Parking ticket Day pass||€ 6,00||Buy tickets|
|Bus (return ticket) + Keukenhof Skip the line||€ 25,00||Buy tickets|
|Rental Bike at Keukenhof||€ 10,00||Buy tickets|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour from Amsterdam |
including a visit to a real tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter . This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to Mid May. Our new update will be live on April 25.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar