We are already half way of the Spring season in Holland and it has been a great season with lots of beautiful flowers blooming from the start. Last weekend was very cold. There was even some wet snow last weekend. But now it’s time for the tulips to bloom at their best. In combination with nice spring weather it’s coming to be very beautiful for the coming weeks.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Last weekend was cold which is a good thing for the flowers. The cold has stoped the blooming proces for a week which is good because the blooming was 1/2 weeks ahead of normal blooming.
The Bollenstreek area is beautiful with lots of flower fields blooming in different colors. You will find Daffodil, Hyacint and of course lots of tulip fields near Keukenhof. All photos below where taken 17 April 2019 near Keukenhof Gardens during the Keukenhof bike route 4 (purple)
Weather Forecast Holland
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because of the sun in combination with higher temperatures the flower fields are about 1 week earlier than average growth. This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – The first Daffoldils fields are done blooming but because of the cold a lot of flowers are still in bloom till the end of April
- Hyacints – A lot of Hyacint flower fields are in bloom. All Hyacint flower fields are in bloom. We expect them to bloom until the end of April.
- Tulips – More and more tulip fields are starting to bloom. We expect them to bloom from the beginning of April till the end of April / beginning of May. Peak blooming will be next easter weekend till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closing day (19 May) of Keukenhof. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the Daffoldils, Hyacints and Tulips are blooming in the park.
All photos below are made on 16 April 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2021
Ticket price for 2021 season is not yet known. This will be published in summer 2020.
Skip the line Adult ticket
|€ 19.00||Buy tickets »|
|Kids ticket |
|€ 9.00||Buy tickets »|
(up to 3 years)
|Parking ticket||€ 6.00||Buy tickets »|
|Bus (return ticket) |
+ Keukenhof Skip the line
|€ 29.50||Buy tickets »|
|Tulip Festival Card||€ 55,00||Buy tickets »|
|Rental Bike||€ 19.50||Buy tickets »|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour |
+ visit to a tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets »|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter . This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to Mid May. Our new update will be live on April 25.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card