It has been very hot in Holland in recent days. With temperatures around 25 garden and lots of sun it was much warmer than normal. As this season is already warmer than in previous seasons, the tulips are already optimally in bloom. There are now farmers who are starting heading the fields. But luckily there are still many tulips to be admired. Keukenhof Gardens will be open until 19 May and you can visit a tulip farm.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Tulips are the most beautiful in full bloom. However, many tulip fields around Keukenhof are not meant for the flowers but for the flower bulbs. The farmers also remove the flower so that the energy can go back to the bulb and not to the flower. This way the flower bulb grows optimally and we get the unique Dutch quality flower bulbs. The flower fields are great now, but in the coming days different fields will be headed. Fortunately there are still many flowers to admire in the coming weeks. In Keukenhof and various flower locations, the flowers can still be admired in full bloom and the flowers are at their best there.
Weather Forecast Holland
The coming days will be colder in Holland. A little rain will occasionally fall, but the sun can also be arranged. Perfect weather for a visit to the tulips of the Netherlands
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because of the sun in combination with higher temperatures the flower fields are about 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth.
The bloom at Keukenhof differs from the bloom on the production flower fields. We expect the following blooming periods for the production flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – Currently the most daffodils are done blooming for 2019
- Hyacints – Currently the most hyacints are done blooming for 2019
- Tulips – Tulips are in peak blooming right now. The coming weeks farmers will head the tulip fields but we expect there are some tulip fields until the beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closing day (19 May) of Keukenhof. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the daffoldils and lots of tulips are blooming in the park.
All photos below are made on 23 April 2019 at Keukenhof Gardens.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2021
Keukenhof Gardens will work with a maximum number of visitors per day in 2021. When booking your tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. Individual tickets will go on sale in November 2020.
Skip the line Adult ticket
|€ 19.00||Buy tickets »|
|Kids ticket |
|€ 9.00||Buy tickets »|
(up to 3 years)
|Parking ticket||€ 6.00||Buy tickets »|
|Bus (return ticket) |
+ Keukenhof Skip the line
|€ 29.50||Buy tickets »|
|Rental Bike||€ 19.50||Buy tickets »|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour |
+ visit to a tulip farm
|€ 69.00||Buy tickets »|
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter . This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to Mid May. Our new update will be live on April 25.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card