With only one week to go, the flower fields are showing more and more colour. Besides the first daffodils, the first hyacinths are flowering now too. As the coming days will be sunny and warm, we even expect the first early tulips. Our estimation is that nature is about 2 weeks ahead. So from next week onwards you can enjoy the beautiful colors in the flower fields, Keukenhof Gardens and the other show gardens and tulip farms. The first attraction will even open this weekend. The Tulip Experience Amsterdam will open its doors for the first time.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The fields of hyacinths currently ensure that the yellow colour of the daffodils is complemented by the pastel shades of the hyacinths. The hyacinths also have a wonderful scent. We expect to see the first early tulips in flower next week. However, most tulip fields will not bloom until early April.
Weather forecast Holland
Beautiful spring weather is forecast for the next 14 days. There will be little rain. It looks good for the opening of Keukenhof Gardens.
Flower Forecast 2022*
We expect flowering to be about 2 weeks ahead of average flowering. So when the tulip activities start on 24 March, there will already be a lot of beautiful flowers in bloom.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between now and end of March
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from now till the second week of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from now till the third week of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the end of March. Peak blooming will be between the second week of April till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
**The above forecast applies to the flower fields. The flowering at Keukenhof and in the other show gardens will be the whole season. When planting, early and late blooming flowers were taken into account. Also, the flowers are not headed.
Flower Map 2022
Check the flower map below to see how the flower fields are currently blooming. We update the flower map weekly.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens
The blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the flower fields. The flowers at the flower garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (24 March) to the closure (15 May) of the park. Also, the tulips are not headed so the tulips can be admired much longer in Keukenhof than on the flower fields around the park. The same applies to tulip show gardens and tulip farms. They will probably all have tulips flowering until 15 May.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2023
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2023, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time! If your day and time slot are not available, this means that the tickets are sold out. Still want to visit Keukenhof? Take a look at the combi tickets with the Keukenhof bus or Keukenhof tours from Amsterdam because there are more days and times available.
|Adult (18+)||€ 19.50||Buy tickets|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Day ticket parking||€ 6.00|
|Keukenhof cruise along the tulips||€ 10.00||Buy tickets|
|Park guide book||€ 5.00||Buy tickets|
|Tulip Festival Card|
(Keukenhof + transport from Amsterdam, Amsterdam Airport & Haarlem)
|€ 51.00||Buy tickets|
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket