These are strange times. Last week it snowed regularly in Holland and the temperatures were very low. The flowering of the tulips has also been delayed because of this. However, more and more fields are getting their first colour. We also received the news this week that Keukenhof Gardens can open this weekend as a test location for a programme of the Dutch government to investigate how attractions could safely reopen later.
Due to the corona measures, many tulip activities are not allowed to open yet. If you want to know how you can still enjoy the tulips, check out our corona page.
Enjoy the tulips digitally
We will spread the positive spring message of the Tulip Festival digitally. Through our Facebook and Instagram we will give updates about the tulips’ flowering. So follow us and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
Most of the daffodils and hyacinths in the Netherlands are still in bloom. Besides the beautiful colours, the scent of the hyacinths can be smelled everywhere. There is also more and more colour in the tulip fields.
Weather forecast Holland
Last week was cold and it even snowed several times. However, the prospects for the next two weeks are much better with more sun and warmer temperatures.
Flower Forecast 2021*
The growth of the tulips has been slow in the past week due to the colder weather. The daffodils and hyacinths are still looking good. We expect most tulip fields to start flowering around 15 April.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and beginning of April
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till Mid-April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from the end of March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the second week in April. Peak blooming will be after Mid-April till the beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Current state of the flowers at Keukenhof
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card