The tulip fields in Holland have started to bloom. Due to the cold weather, the tulips are later than usual this year. This Saturday, the flower parade was supposed to start but unfortunately all events have been cancelled. Also Keukenhof is, except for some test days, still closed. Fortunately, the tulip fields can still be admired. Make a nice bike route or book a sightseeing tour with a scooter, solex or Renault Twizy. All activities have a limited capacity.
Due to the corona measures, many tulip activities are not allowed to open yet. If you want to know how you can still enjoy the tulips, check out our corona page.
Enjoy the tulips digitally
We will spread the positive spring message of the Tulip Festival digitally. Through our Facebook and Instagram we will give updates about the tulips’ flowering. So follow us and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
Although it is still cold in Holland, there is more and more colour in the tulip fields. The daffodils and hyacinths are also still in full bloom, making the colour palette more and more diverse. There are still some tulip fields that are green, but we are expecting to see the first colours in the coming days.
Weather forecast Holland
The weather forecast for the next two weeks is good. The first weekend seems to be wonderfully sunny and the temperature is fortunately rising slightly. This will also do the tulip fields good.
Flower Forecast 2021*
As expected, most of the tulip fields are now slowly starting to colour. One field colours very quickly and the other a bit more slowly. In a week’s time, most of the tulip fields will already be in bloom. We expect them to continue flowering until the beginning of May. Some tulip fields will be trimmed to allow the energy to go back into the bulb and to grow the best quality bulbs. There are some Tulip Farms where they keep the tulip fields flowering until 16 May.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March till Mid-April
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the end of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from the end of March till the end of April.
- Tulips – Blooming from the second week in April. Peak blooming will be after Mid-April till the beginning of May. The showgardens at Tulip Farms will keep the tulip fields blooming until 16 May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Current state of the flowers at Keukenhof
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket