Last week it was a bit warmer in Holland. The daffodils and hyacinths became brighter and brighter, and the first early tulips began to bloom. However, we still have to wait for most of the tulip fields and as the weather is getting considerably colder in the coming days, this might take some time.
Due to the corona measures, many tulip activities are not allowed to open yet. If you want to know how you can still enjoy the tulips, check out our corona page.
Enjoy the tulips digitally
We will spread the positive spring message of the Tulip Festival digitally. Through our Facebook and Instagram we will give updates about the tulips’ flowering. So follow us and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
By now, most of the daffodils and hyacinths in Holland are in bloom. This already gives a beautiful landscape. The first early tulips can also be seen. For most tulip fields, however, we will have to wait a little longer.
Weather forecast Holland
After some warm days, considerably colder weather is forecast for the coming days. It is expected that this colder weather will continue for some time. This will slow down the growth of the flowers.
Flower Forecast 2021*
As the coming days will be considerably colder, we expect the growth of the tulips to slow down again. The advantage is that the daffodils and hyacinths can continue to flower for longer. We expect most of the tulip fields to be planted between 15 April and the beginning of May.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and beginning of April
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till Mid-April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from the end of March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the beginning of April. Peak blooming will be around Mid-April till the beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Digital tours Keukenhof
As Keukenhof Gardens is unfortunately closed, videos and photos of the tulip park’s bloom are shared every week, just like last year.
31 March – Keukenhof Spring series part 2
27 March – it doesn’t get any better than this
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket